By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo messes up again with the marketing!

So... Nintendo fucked up again. Kamiya tweeted a while ago about how there  isn't any marketing for  The Wonderful 101. He is saying how stores aren't marketing it because they don't understand what it is.

You are controlling  a bunch of heroes and you can transform into different things. Yeah. Very hard to understand. Anyway, he is also saying how there are no previews in magazines and such. He compares it to Okami by saying how nobody understands it. Sigh...

I REALLY DON'T WANT THE  GAME TO BOMB LIKE  EVERY PLATINUM GAME EVER MADE, but Nintendo just keeps fucking up. This game is getting  a Direct, but the people who will watch that direct alredy know the damn game.

I will suggest this idea until Nintendo fucking gets it.  Start a new series of NPC toys featuring heroes from the Wonderful 101. Market the heck out of the game and the toys and everything will be fine. But, NO! Of course they are not going to use that idea that is almost common sense given the type of game The Wonderful 101 is. Why?
            Because it doesn't have  a Mario sticker slapped on it. It doesn't have a Zelda sticker slapped on it. It doesn't have a Mario Kart sticker slapped on it. They are playing it safe instead of taking minimal risks. And Nintendo wonders why their sales are struggling.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:

So... Nintendo fucked up again. Kamiya tweeted a while ago about how there  isn't any marketing for  The Wonderful 101. He is saying how stores aren't marketing it because they don't understand what it is.

You are controlling  a bunch of heroes and you can transform into different things. Yeah. Very hard to understand. Anyway, he is also saying how there are no previews in magazines and such. He compares it to Okami by saying how nobody understands it. Sigh...

I REALLY DON'T WANT THE  GAME TO BOMB LIKE  EVERY PLATINUM GAME EVER MADE, but Nintendo just keeps fucking up. This game is getting  a Direct, but the people who will watch that direct alredy know the damn game.

I will suggest this idea until Nintendo fucking gets it.  Start a new series of NPC toys featuring heroes from the Wonderful 101. Market the heck out of the game and the toys and everything will be fine. But, NO! Of course they are not going to use that idea that is almost common sense given the type of game The Wonderful 101 is. Why?
            Because it doesn't have  a Mario sticker slapped on it. It doesn't have a Zelda sticker slapped on it. It doesn't have a Mario Kart sticker slapped on it. They are playing it safe instead of taking minimal risks. And Nintendo wonders why their sales are struggling.

Yeah, I'm not going to lie: Why the heck is Nintendo not advertising their games? It's like they're not even trying!

The BuShA owns all!

Nintendo's marketing team is way of atm. They have been for a few years now. It's their biggest problem if you ask me. Haven't seen a decent commercial from them in ages.

And I like the idea of W101 as a game using NPC toys. Should have been the priority from the start, seeing as Pikmin 3 is right around the corner too.

Vertigo-X said:
AZWification said:

Yeah, I'm not going to lie: Why the heck is Nintendo not advertising their games? It's like they're not even trying!

I know. I wish I could go to Japan right now and bash the heck out of who ever is responsible for the lack of marketing.

And this is why 3rd party developers are telling Nintendo to go blow.  Unreasonable fanboys blame the 3rd parties, but the way Nintendo is letting Platinum fizzle out on their own with weak support, tells me otherwise.  Platinum is the one big 3rd party developer to jump on the WiiU exclusive train, and they may regret it very very soon.

I love Nintendo and all of their first party games, but this behavior is foul - and the sooner folks take off the distortion goggles, we can all see it for what it is.

Around the Network
IsawYoshi said:
Nintendo's marketing team is way of atm. They have been for a few years now. It's their biggest problem if you ask me. Haven't seen a decent commercial from them in ages.

And I like the idea of W101 as a game using NPC toys. Should have been the priority from the start, seeing as Pikmin 3 is right around the corner too.

You know what? Nintendo should start a monster marketing campaign starting the holiday season or something for most if not every major Wii U game.  Have a Sonic cartoon to promote Sonic Lost World, air the 3DS Pikmin shorts on a cartoon channel, start a promotional Bayonetta anime and stuff like that. 

They are saving their marketing money for Pokemon & Wii Fit

Gonna have to rely on word of mouth and good reviews, then.

Cold-Flipper said:
They are saving their marketing money for Pokemon & Wii Fit

I hope you are not talking about that Pokemon Rumble for the Wii U.

Nintendo never markets anything until the week of release, or after release. They've said they don't like the idea of people seeing a commercial or advertisement, but then not being able to immediately go out and buy whatever it is.