By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo messes up again with the marketing!

Rawnchie14 said:
KungKras said:
Rawnchie14 said:

And this is why 3rd party developers are telling Nintendo to go blow.  Unreasonable fanboys blame the 3rd parties, but the way Nintendo is letting Platinum fizzle out on their own with weak support, tells me otherwise.  Platinum is the one big 3rd party developer to jump on the WiiU exclusive train, and they may regret it very very soon.

I love Nintendo and all of their first party games, but this behavior is foul - and the sooner folks take off the distortion goggles, we can all see it for what it is.

This has nothing to do with big publishers who can market their own games. You think Rockstar or Activision need Sony or Microsoft to advertise their games? Get real.

EDIT: Also, Platinum is a small third party. Always was. Nintendo saved them by offering to publish their games. Especially Bayonetta 2.

So you pick up a struggling developer, make them make a game - just so you can smuggle a few more exclusives to your console, and then let the company burn out?

Lol, what you just stated in their defense, is even worse behavior.  Parasitic almost.

Yea, they gave the game a chance to be made when noone else did. They are such bad guys.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network

They really should advertise it more. ND doesn't help one bit since the audience it reaches already know about it. I don't really agree with the classification of a niche title. It could be a real breakout success like the lbp series or it could fail hard. This seem like a franchise that could be fairly popular with the younger audience, like you said if they have toys and stuff. Think along the lines of skylander.

BloodyRain said:

They really should advertise it more. ND doesn't help one bit since the audience it reaches already know about it. I don't really agree with the classification of a niche title. It could be a real breakout success like the lbp series or it could fail hard. This seem like a franchise that could be fairly popular with the younger audience, like you said if they have toys and stuff. Think along the lines of skylander.

Exactly. It doesn't take a genius to come up with this idea. If I can do it, then why  is not a Nintendo employee who is supposed to have more experience than me unable to come up with this idea? It boggles my mind.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

After all these years you did not got used to nintendos marketing strategy?

deal with it!

btw-sony did the same with sly 4(great game and i suppose 101 will also be great)

a pretty easy way for this game to succeed:just replace all the 101 heroes with nintendo chars and the game will sell bazillions of copies without marketing

AZWification said:

So... Nintendo fucked up again. Kamiya tweeted a while ago about how there  isn't any marketing for  The Wonderful 101. He is saying how stores aren't marketing it because they don't understand what it is.

You are controlling  a bunch of heroes and you can transform into different things. Yeah. Very hard to understand. Anyway, he is also saying how there are no previews in magazines and such. He compares it to Okami by saying how nobody understands it. Sigh...

I REALLY DON'T WANT THE  GAME TO BOMB LIKE  EVERY PLATINUM GAME EVER MADE, but Nintendo just keeps fucking up. This game is getting  a Direct, but the people who will watch that direct alredy know the damn game.

I will suggest this idea until Nintendo fucking gets it.  Start a new series of NPC toys featuring heroes from the Wonderful 101. Market the heck out of the game and the toys and everything will be fine. But, NO! Of course they are not going to use that idea that is almost common sense given the type of game The Wonderful 101 is. Why?
            Because it doesn't have  a Mario sticker slapped on it. It doesn't have a Zelda sticker slapped on it. It doesn't have a Mario Kart sticker slapped on it. They are playing it safe instead of taking minimal risks. And Nintendo wonders why their sales are struggling.

Well instead of talking about what nintendo is not doing why don't you and the rest of the people who want this game to succeed do something. This is 2013. If you wan something to succeed go viral with it. Companies like nintendo will only do so much. Which is still more than you all give them credit but maybe not enough to guarantee great success. Us gamers are ones who spread the word about these games. Without gamers going on viral campaigns like using twitter and youtube so games now would not be successes at all. So if you want this game to be very successful lets start making hashtags on twitter and make this game a trending topic. Lets go on youtube and say how awesome we think this game is. Lets go on nintendos Facebook and twitter and tell them not to let this die and put and bigger presence of this game out there to the media. Superheroes are big, a lot of us still love nintendo, and most of us want platinum to be a success. So if you want this game to be big make it big.

Around the Network
siavm said:
AZWification said:

So... Nintendo fucked up again. Kamiya tweeted a while ago about how there  isn't any marketing for  The Wonderful 101. He is saying how stores aren't marketing it because they don't understand what it is.

You are controlling  a bunch of heroes and you can transform into different things. Yeah. Very hard to understand. Anyway, he is also saying how there are no previews in magazines and such. He compares it to Okami by saying how nobody understands it. Sigh...

I REALLY DON'T WANT THE  GAME TO BOMB LIKE  EVERY PLATINUM GAME EVER MADE, but Nintendo just keeps fucking up. This game is getting  a Direct, but the people who will watch that direct alredy know the damn game.

I will suggest this idea until Nintendo fucking gets it.  Start a new series of NPC toys featuring heroes from the Wonderful 101. Market the heck out of the game and the toys and everything will be fine. But, NO! Of course they are not going to use that idea that is almost common sense given the type of game The Wonderful 101 is. Why?
            Because it doesn't have  a Mario sticker slapped on it. It doesn't have a Zelda sticker slapped on it. It doesn't have a Mario Kart sticker slapped on it. They are playing it safe instead of taking minimal risks. And Nintendo wonders why their sales are struggling.

Well instead of talking about what nintendo is not doing why don't you and the rest of the people who want this game to succeed do something. This is 2013. If you wan something to succeed go viral with it. Companies like nintendo will only do so much. Which is still more than you all give them credit but maybe not enough to guarantee great success. Us gamers are ones who spread the word about these games. Without gamers going on viral campaigns like using twitter and youtube so games now would not be successes at all. So if you want this game to be very successful lets start making hashtags on twitter and make this game a trending topic. Lets go on youtube and say how awesome we think this game is. Lets go on nintendos Facebook and twitter and tell them not to let this die and put and bigger presence of this game out there to the media. Superheroes are big, a lot of us still love nintendo, and most of us want platinum to be a success. So if you want this game to be big make it big.

Like it's that easy.

I think its funny that no company advertises Platinum games but only Nintendo is wrong because of it.

#wonderful101 if you will join me.

ListerOfSmeg said:
I think its funny that no company advertises Platinum games but only Nintendo is wrong because of it.

Well, platinum and Nintendo have an exclusive deal on this title. The others were multiplatform. Nintendo should put in more effort to this project succeeding instead of putting another exclusive on the checklist just for the sake of it.

ListerOfSmeg said:

WHAT?! Nintendo is the punlisher! It's not EA's job! It's Nintendo's job!