By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo messes up again with the marketing!

ListerOfSmeg said:
no its not Nintendos job, just like it wasnt sonys. link to the article here where the same topic was made when sony didnt or its just bias.

The excuses you guys come up with have no merit.

No company promotes platinum games. Stop the double standard bs. thats what fanatics do

yeah for this game it isnt eas job. however as i clearly said, none of their games get advertised. thats as plain and simple as i can make it.

So, you are saying that is OK for Nintendo to lose money by not marketing this game, a game that if is marketed correctly can easily reach 1 million.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

And the weird thing is that they did a great job with promoting the Wii. I saw plenty of commercials on TV that really did a good job of showing what the appeal was, and they seemed far more proactive about proving the worth of the system and it's games.

How they went from that to people not even knowing the WiiU is a new console is a crippling, massive marketing failure that needs to be rectified ASAP. They need to be doing everything they can to push the system and all it's first-party content. I don't know if they have the will to do that, though.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

gigantor21 said:
And the weird thing is that they did a great job with promoting the Wii. I saw plenty of commercials on TV that really did a good job of showing what the appeal was, and they seemed far more proactive about proving the worth of the system and it's games.

How they went from that to people not even knowing the WiiU is a new console is a crippling, massive marketing failure that needs to be rectified ASAP. They need to be doing everything they can to push the system and all it's first-party content. I don't know if they have the will to do that, though.

It's looking like  they don't give a shit about the Wii U and they only wanna focus on the 3DS.

Don`t know if this has been mentioned already, but back at E3 Iwata said there would be a ND dedicated just to the game. That`s good promotion.

AZWification said:
siavm said:
#wonderful101 if you will join me.

We need like tons of forums for this kind of stuff.

If you don't want to do it and just post doom threads that's cool. This cool game will just die at retail.

Around the Network

Nintendo doesn´t even advertise their own console and you expect them to market a single game?

They dropped the ball since the end of the Wii and hasn´t picked it up again.

They are acting like a headless chicken running in circles

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

siavm said:
AZWification said:
siavm said:
#wonderful101 if you will join me.

We need like tons of forums for this kind of stuff.

If you don't want to do it and just post doom threads that's cool. This cool game will just die at retail.

Is not  my  job to market this game. 

What Nintendo needs to do is release a demo for this game on the eShop. It looks good, but I want to try it before I buy it.

Nintendo Network ID: Flanneryaug

Friend Code: 4699 - 6552 - 3671

Add me! :)

ListerOfSmeg said:
no its not Nintendos job, just like it wasnt sonys. link to the article here where the same topic was made when sony didnt or its just bias.

The excuses you guys come up with have no merit.

No company promotes platinum games. Stop the double standard bs. thats what fanatics do

yeah for this game it isnt eas job. however as i clearly said, none of their games get advertised. thats as plain and simple as i can make it.

You're so funny man.

Rawnchie14 said:

And this is why 3rd party developers are telling Nintendo to go blow.  Unreasonable fanboys blame the 3rd parties, but the way Nintendo is letting Platinum fizzle out on their own with weak support, tells me otherwise.  Platinum is the one big 3rd party developer to jump on the WiiU exclusive train, and they may regret it very very soon.

I love Nintendo and all of their first party games, but this behavior is foul - and the sooner folks take off the distortion goggles, we can all see it for what it is.

Nintendo's publishing these games. Platinum gets the same money if the game sells zero or 20 million

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.