By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo messes up again with the marketing!

snowdog said:
hellovgc said:
I think everyone already knows what W101 is. I mean, Nintendo has been advertising it for at least a full year. I would go so far to say as everyone is already bored of it and tired about hearing about it, especially since it is a game clearly aimed at the 7-12 year old market, and kids have short attention spans as it is.

Yup, this ^^^

It's been pretty prominent in a couple of E3s, Nintendo Directs and has had plenty of attention from the gaming media.

Yeah, but not every gamer pays attention to the internet gaming media or Nintendo Directs, they have to do something from prominent display demos or TV advertisements to get a proper marketing toward those that aren't not already Nintendo hardcore fans or those that don't yet understand how this game will play.

Really, if Nintendo just relies on the internet and word of mouth like how it seems they are going to, then they must expect this to sell under a million and not care about maximizing their investment in its development.

Around the Network

Nintendo Introduces “Wonderful Wednesday” For The Wonderful 101!

The game just got firm release dates: Aug. 23 in the UK, middle of September for America. Why would it start it's big advertising push a month or two before you can even buy it?

/thread

Platinum games aren't really mainstream. So why would they get broad mainstream marketing?

Most of the potential buyers would already know of it.

Let's not forget that the markering, it would receive, starts near the launch itself - a bit of a Nintendo habit.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

I hate to say it but I think the W101 and Bayonetta 2 will both bomb on the Wii U. At least Platinum gets paid.

Soundwave said:
I hate to say it but I think the W101 and Bayonetta 2 will both bomb on the Wii U. At least Platinum gets paid.

I think Bayonetta 2 can do well. Wonderful 101 has always seemed like more of a long shot to me.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

Around the Network
gigantor21 said:
Soundwave said:

I think Bayonetta 2 can do well. Wonderful 101 has always seemed like more of a long shot to me.

I don't think Nintendo knows how to market a game like Bayonetta 2, nor do they other similar types of games around it to build up a fanbase for that style of game on their console (a hyper-violent action game).

Soundwave said:
gigantor21 said:
Soundwave said:

I don't think Nintendo knows how to market a game like Bayonetta 2, nor do they other similar types of games around it to build up a fanbase for that style of game on their console (a hyper-violent action game).

Promotional anime.  I said it a billion times by now.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---