By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo messes up again with the marketing!

Goatseye said:
ListerOfSmeg said:
no its not Nintendos job, just like it wasnt sonys. link to the article here where the same topic was made when sony didnt or its just bias.

The excuses you guys come up with have no merit.

No company promotes platinum games. Stop the double standard bs. thats what fanatics do

yeah for this game it isnt eas job. however as i clearly said, none of their games get advertised. thats as plain and simple as i can make it.

Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo IP, whats the excuse not to promote your own IP?

Microsoft is promoting Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall like crazy, why don't Nintendo do that with their own game? Forget Platinum G. this is about their game. W101 is an exclusive not a multi-plat, I don't think you knew that.

Platinum Games don't need exposure from Nintendo they are already an established company. Vanquish, Bayonetta and Binary Domain.

Nintendo right now is a *ucked up company.

Platinum needs Nintendo desperately.  All the games you mentioned failed badly in the market and that's Why Sega had cancelled Bayonetta 2 before Nintendo decided to money hat PG games.

Every single one of their games ended up bombing.  I personally consider Platinum overrated.

Around the Network
zumnupy10 said:
Goatseye said:

Wonderful 101 is a Nintendo IP, whats the excuse not to promote your own IP?

Microsoft is promoting Sunset Overdrive and Titanfall like crazy, why don't Nintendo do that with their own game? Forget Platinum G. this is about their game. W101 is an exclusive not a multi-plat, I don't think you knew that.

Platinum Games don't need exposure from Nintendo they are already an established company. Vanquish, Bayonetta and Binary Domain.

Nintendo right now is a *ucked up company.

Platinum needs Nintendo desperately.  All the games you mentioned failed badly in the market and that's Why Sega had cancelled Bayonetta 2 before Nintendo decided to money hat PG games.

Every single one of their games ended up bombing.  I personally consider Platinum overrated.

Sega is another Nintendo. They suck at marketing. They suck big time.

They are a supercharged vacuum, that's why since last year they're restructuring themselves.

Vanquish has a high metacritic score and like Bayonetta. I heard about Vanquish through word of mouth.

They are very respected in Japan, they did Metal Gear: Rising. A different but a good game.

Sega released AC: Colonial Marines. Enough said.

AZWification said:
kopstudent89 said:
Wonderful 101 was never going to sell. Very hard selling point there. Key is to market the games releasing this year, I honestly think Nintendo don't give a fuck about the next few months. October they'll start doing their business.

I hope so. I hope that doesn't mean Pikmin 3 will bomb. Even though Pikmin 3  is having 100k+ in Japan first week shows that it will have decent sales.

Pikmin is a good game but not a system seller (will get decent sales though). Wonderful 101 is a niche and I really would be surprised if it cracks half a million. Nintendo will concentrate on getting their big franchises out to resurge sales which is why Wii U party+Fit and Mario are launching during the holidays. A Zelda remake + NL and NSMB U will help build some momentum in the holidays. So they'l focus on that period to promote the Wii U and their games imo.

I still think they need a killer IP though the way they had Wii Sports and Wii Fit before. I don't think Wii Fit U will have a big impact. They've fallen into the trap of recycling old outdated ideas instead of being inventive. Great controller but horrible use of it up to now. Even Mario 3D won't do that whereas Galaxy was all about innovative Wii Mote gameplay. Really strange this Wii U. I hope3rd parties make better use of the game pad.

Im hoping Platinum Games has rights to the game because after it bombs on wii u they could release it on psn or live after to get some appreciation for their work!

Lyrikalstylez said:
Im hoping Platinum Games has rights to the game because after it bombs on wii u they could release it on psn or live after to get some appreciation for their work!

i think nintendo owns the rights to the IP 

Around the Network

It looks like a great game, but I'll only buy it if the reviews confirm my suspicions.

animegaming said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

i think nintendo owns the rights to the IP 

Indeed they do, which, hopefully, will give Nintendo some damn incentive to market the game when it releases in September.

http://www.trademarkia.com/the-wonderful-101-85727861.html

I think everyone already knows what W101 is. I mean, Nintendo has been advertising it for at least a full year. I would go so far to say as everyone is already bored of it and tired about hearing about it, especially since it is a game clearly aimed at the 7-12 year old market, and kids have short attention spans as it is.

hellovgc said:
I think everyone already knows what W101 is. I mean, Nintendo has been advertising it for at least a full year. I would go so far to say as everyone is already bored of it and tired about hearing about it, especially since it is a game clearly aimed at the 7-12 year old market, and kids have short attention spans as it is.

Yup, this ^^^

It's been pretty prominent in a couple of E3s, Nintendo Directs and has had plenty of attention from the gaming media.

NintendoPie said:
vaio said:

shouldn´t the real queation be why they hardly advertise the wii U in the first place?

Have you ever seen a console from any company get so little exposure as the wii U in it´s first year?

Either they had a plan all along and will unleash some kind of marketin hell (blitz) when the others release or they are the headless chicken running around in circles

I am off to a beer festival so if you choose to respondit might take me a while b4 i can.

The Wii U has had the worst advertising I've seen since the early 3DS days. But that's obvious. 

I'm talking about how there will most likely be TW101 Advertising sometime around launch since it's a month or so away. Not a week, like the OP makes it seem.

There is no point in advertising one niche game when the console hasn´t been at all.

You push the console and then push the game or you push both the console and the game or nothing at all.

I hate what is happening here but at the same time I have a hard time believing that they are that clueless at the moment so they have to got some kind of plan in the works all along.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.