By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter Says “Why Would Anybody Buy A Wii U?”

PhantomLink said:

Everyone buying a Wii U confirmed

I would be worried if pachter had predicted a good future for wii u. if we look back a little, he said would do really well at first and look what happened.

Around the Network
ninjablade said:
patcher is right, sure there is a reason to buy the wiiu and that's nintendo games but looking at sales, nobody cares, the wiiu is selling a pathetic 100,000 world wide a month with a main line mario game, anybody that thinks, mario kart, X and baynetta 2 are gonna save it are in fantasy land.

if you think those games can't help a console than you automatically think ps4/xone will do bad since all they have is cross gen titles, high price and a few unappealing exclusives. MS is better on the exclusive part but the higher price makes things even.

Mythmaker1 said:

"And the PS4, priced $50 more than the Wii U? I mean, why would anybody buy a Wii U, you know, unless they just have to play Nintendo games?"

Full quote, for context. Since I imagine some people didn't know it, given that the source didn't bother.

and why would someone that doesn't just HAVE to play knack/killzone/infamous would buy a ps4 on it's first months? certainly not for the games that will also be available for wii u and ps360.

allenmaher said:
NintendoPie said:

Why are you guys criticizing him?

Pachter actually got something right. All you have to do is duct-tape two Wii's together you have a Wii U. There, no reason to buy one. 

I have two wii's and a wiiU, and duct tape.  Sorry but try as I might, your suggestion fails every time.  No a mount of duct tape gives me 1080p and all the other impressive wiiU features from my two wii's.

9gag to the rescue

Easy, really. Nintendo makes compelling titles.

So I'll get the Wii U (shortly after Christmas), because i enjoy Nintendo's first party games.

Simple as that.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
Mythmaker1 said:

"And the PS4, priced $50 more than the Wii U? I mean, why would anybody buy a Wii U, you know, unless they just have to play Nintendo games?"

Full quote, for context. Since I imagine some people didn't know it, given that the source didn't bother.

and why would someone that doesn't just HAVE to play knack/killzone/infamous would buy a ps4 on it's first months? certainly not for the games that will also be available for wii u and ps360.

I don't know exactly what's coming to wiiU, but I think a lot of great 3rd party games aren't, plus both ms and sony have much better online and trophies/achievements, so I guess there are quite a few things. At any rate numbers will speak for themeslves. As it is wiiu (much like vita) is doing very badly, so seems to me he's stating the obvious once again.

Because the only games I seem to get excited about belong on that system.

Batman Arkham origins
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Assassins Creed 4
Watch Dogs
Sonic lost World
COD ghosts (it is coming) Rayman Legends
if this is poor 3rd party support, count me in. Might as well throw in a few of those shoddy Nintendo first party games as well. Im sure Windwaker will look terrible in HD **sarcasm**

I bought it for Dragon Quest X.  That being said, I've been using it for Wii games only, since I never owned a Wii.

Zero999 said:
Mythmaker1 said:

I suggest you watch the original video. He explains himself there.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.