By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter Says “Why Would Anybody Buy A Wii U?”

Controversial Wedbush Morgan analyst Michael Pachter believes that Nintendo is currently in a world of trouble. Pachter cites the lack of third-party support for the company’s latest home console, coupled with the looming release of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as a problem that Nintendo doesn’t seem able to fix. Pachter genuinelyquestions why anyone would choose to buy a Wii U at this point in time.

“The publishers are pretty excited to support the Xbox One and the PS4 – they really didn’t say anything about the Wii U. And we know EA has no games in development for Wii U. If Activision pulls support; if you see Ubisoft , you see Take-Two pull support, the Wii U is a Nintendo-only gaming device which is what they were back with the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1985. They’re not going to sell a lot of consoles if they don’t have games like FIFA and Battlefield and Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto. Due to that, Pachter asks a simple rhetorical question: “Why would anybody buy a Wii U?”

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/07/04/pachter-says-why-would-anybody-buy-a-wii-u/

Predictions for LT console sales:

PS4: 120M

XB1: 70M

WiiU: 14M

3DS: 60M

Vita: 13M

Around the Network

Because Zelda

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

because they like nintendo games?

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Roughly 75% of the game I want in the future are exclusive to either 3DS or WiiU.

That is why I own both. Every single game he listed as must have, are not on my list of games I want. I wouldn't even play them if someone gave them to me as a gift. I would return them and get different games.

The less time people spend talking about Pachter's opinion, the less time we have to spend listening to his nonsense. I wish everyone would ignore him so that he'd just become irrelevant already.

Around the Network

Why would anybody listen to Patcher?

funny thing is he mentions NES (60 million sold)

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

because the box has a Nintendo logo on it?

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Patcher says a lot of things, but how cares?

Click HERE and be happy