By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pachter Says “Why Would Anybody Buy A Wii U?”

DanneSandin said:

I agree. This is bad journalism. And it's a shame noone else reads the comments. I think Pachter is spot on; but Nintendo fans WANTS to hate this guy.

There are more reasons than one to call out Pachter as a bad analyst.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:

I agree. This is bad journalism. And it's a shame noone else reads the comments. I think Pachter is spot on; but Nintendo fans WANTS to hate this guy.

There are more reasons than one to call out Pachter as a bad analyst.

Yes, hes not always right - but Nintendo fans loves to call him out, even when he is right.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

pezus said:
This article's writer should be fired instead

Does nobody read the comments these days?

Here the full statement is again: "And the PS4, priced $50 more than the Wii U? I mean, why would anybody buy a Wii U, you know, unless they just have to play Nintendo games?"

Do you know the answer to his question?

The Wii U isnt just more of the same.

DanneSandin said:

Yes, hes not always right - but Nintendo fans loves to call him out, even when he is right.

Anyone loves to call him out. I see members in here that are not necessarily fans of Nintendo calling him out.

He's also barely ever right.

NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:

Anyone loves to call him out. I see members in here that are not necessarily fans of Nintendo calling him out.

He's also barely ever right.

No one is ever barely right :P but he is right from his point of view most of the time; is Nintendo a good invenstment right now? No, it's not. They only have 3DS going for them, and people is only getting the Wii U to play Nintendo games.

Around the Network
DanneSandin said:

No one is ever barely right :P but he is right from his point of view most of the time; is Nintendo a good invenstment right now? No, it's not. They only have 3DS going for them, and people is only getting the Wii U to play Nintendo games.

Of course he is right from his point of view. Still, an analyst, which is his career, needs to look at the industry from an overall standpoint, not a personal one. (Which is what Pachter does quite a lot.)

If people are getting the Wii U to play Nintendo games then their money is going to the right place. I would call that a good investment.

NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:

Of course he is right from his point of view. Still, an analyst, which is his career, needs to look at the industry from an overall standpoint, not a personal one. (Which is what Pachter does quite a lot.)

If people are getting the Wii U to play Nintendo games then their money is going to the right place. I would call that a good investment.

I actually don't think he does look at it from a personal POV... How do you figure?

I'd say that a better investment would be either xbox or ps4 in that case, since those consoles will probably sell more than Wii U, and will move more software... There are only so many Nintendo fans out there after all.

DanneSandin said:

I actually don't think he does look at it from a personal POV... How do you figure?

I'd say that a better investment would be either xbox or ps4 in that case, since those consoles will probably sell more than Wii U, and will move more software... There are only so many Nintendo fans out there after all.

I think you skipped over my last point.

If people are looking/buying something so they can play Nintendo games, then a Wii U is what they should buy. Ergo, the Wii U is a good investment for them. I'm not comparing the Wii U to the PS4/XBO because, one; they aren't out yet so we don't know the entirity of how their library will play out, and two; that's not what I'm trying to do here.

Pachter always inputs his point of view. (Which isn't a good one, most of the time.) Case in point, this article.

NintendoPie said:
DanneSandin said:

I think you skipped over my last point.

If people are looking/buying something so they can play Nintendo games, then a Wii U is what they should buy. Ergo, the Wii U is a good investment for them. I'm not comparing the Wii U to the PS4/XBO because, one; they aren't out yet so we don't know the entirity of how their library will play out, and two; that's not what I'm trying to do here.

Pachter always inputs his point of view. (Which isn't a good one, most of the time.) Case in point, this article.

Yes, Wii U might be a good investment for Nintendo gamers, but not for investors. That's what I meant =)

"They’re not going to sell a lot of consoles if they don’t have games like FIFA and Battlefield and Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto."

except they do have Call of retrocess, every console has. and ps4/xone don't have gta either.