By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo needs to drop WiiU's price soon and here's why

Tagged games:

pezus said:
Screamapillar said:

I find it hilarious how short people's memories are. lol.  I mean, come on.  This has all been proven wrong so many times by history, that I just don't feel like explaining it all again.

This isn't the first time a system has struggled early on with lack of new software.  It happens to almost every single platform after launch.  You don't just simply cut your price as soon as sales drop off.   If that were the case, game consoles would all cost less than $100 by now.

Once a system builds up a library of software that is appealing to a wide enough audience, sales will inevitably increase.

Price cuts do not help at all without software to back it up with.  Price cuts without compelling software increases sales for a few weeks, and then they fall right off again.  I can't be any clearer than that.

So you're saying no games are coming to WiiU...or what? Obviously I'm talking about a price cut when the games start flowing in, like Pikmin, Mario, DK etc.

No, I wasn't really talking about the OP directly, I was more talking in general about all the comments related to "Wii U needs a price cut right now" as if it's some sort of magic pill that will save the console. 

The Screamapillar is easily identified by its constant screaming—it even screams in its sleep. The Screamapillar is the favorite food of everything, is sexually attracted to fire, and needs constant reassurance or it will die.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 truly believes that price doesnt play a factor into WIi U, despite several people ripping that to shreds, I kinda hope that Ninty doesnt drop the price just to see how some are going to justify when it again doesnt set the charts on fire.

you truly believe price is what is causing wii u to sell so bad.

hint: it isn't

Its not THE reason but its a reason. Games are the major reason but price and marketing have a role in it as well. im going to throw out a possible scenario with numbers

Wii U Deluxe @$350 w/lack of games & marketing-25k per week

Vs

Wii U Deluxe @$299 w/lack of games & marketing-35k per week

Or

Wii U Deluxe @$350 w/games & marketing-70k per week

Vs

Wii U Deluxe @$299 w/games & marketing-100k per week

Nobody here is trying to say price is the one and only reason its sales are low but it definitely is a factor. Personally I dont think a price cut is necessary this year, it has a solid line up of games coming the rest of the year and with marketing and holiday deals/bundles it will be fine. Im gueesing next April we will see Wii U Deluxe Mario Kart 8 bundle at $299 and Wii U Basic at $199, with those prices and the games its getting this year and next year, Wii U will sell well compared to the competition.

I like how the guy has been ignoring you. Your logic and reasoning presented in a polite n sensible fashion are clearly too much for him!

Nin took what made Wii a success and got rid of it then added a shitty tablet to it. That's the main reason wiiu is a sales failure.

Good luck getting any one to buy into that at any price.

Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 truly believes that price doesnt play a factor into WIi U, despite several people ripping that to shreds, I kinda hope that Ninty doesnt drop the price just to see how some are going to justify when it again doesnt set the charts on fire.

Its not THE reason but its a reason. Games are the major reason but price and marketing have a role in it as well. im going to throw out a possible scenario with numbers

Vs

Or

Vs

Nobody here is trying to say price is the one and only reason its sales are low but it definitely is a factor. Personally I dont think a price cut is necessary this year, it has a solid line up of games coming the rest of the year and with marketing and holiday deals/bundles it will be fine. Im gueesing next April we will see Wii U Deluxe Mario Kart 8 bundle at $299 and Wii U Basic at $199, with those prices and the games its getting this year and next year, Wii U will sell well compared to the competition.

I like how the guy has been ignoring you. Your logic and reasoning presented in a polite n sensible fashion are clearly too much for him!

cheap flaming, I'm so hurt. Wii u is doing bad because it doesn't have many games. if it had games and were still doing poorly, only then one should start thinking price was the problem.

They need to add a frikin hard drive as well. Not just have a price drop. The 500GB hard drive the PS4 comes with can easily account for the $50 price difference between the Wii U and PS4, let alone all the bells and whistles inside the console.

Wii U has the controller though. I really want to know how much that controller exactly costs Nintendo to make. Then we could make a comparison between the prices of the consoles a bit better.

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

Vs

Or

Vs

Ya somr people cant have discussions, only arguments. I bet if I threw in an insult he would respond

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Zero999 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

Vs

Or

Vs

cheap flaming, I'm so hurt. Wii u is doing bad because it doesn't have many games. if it had games and were still doing poorly, only then one should start thinking price was the problem.

How was that flaming? I'm just pointing the sillyness of the situation, which is you continuing to ignore kind and wise zorg1000.

zorg1000 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

Ya somr people cant have discussions, only arguments. I bet if I threw in an insult he would respond

Do it and find out lol!

of course it need.
but i think wii U cant compete with ps4, neither xone.
Wii U will be alone, all people that will buy 2 consoles, 1 of them will be wii U.
ps4 and Xone are very redundant, much more than ps3/x360: blu-ray, video streaming, similar power, memory, same arquiteture, camera for movments, standart control, etc...

Although a price cut for wii U would help.
At least a bundle combo.
300$ for basic with mario 3d world or mario kart.
350$ for deluxe with bayo2 or X with pro controler.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Zero999 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
zorg1000 said:

w was that flaming? I'm just pointing the sillyness of the situation, which is you continuing to ignore kind and wise zorg1000.

Thats the nicest thing a random internet stranger has ever said about me

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.