By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo needs to drop WiiU's price soon and here's why

Tagged games:

pezus said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

stop moving goal posts, you say that people will favor the cheapest console, which MOST of the time seem to be true (GC not withstanding) so how doesnt the actual cheaper consoles on the market matter? THe general population will CONTINUE to buy the cheaper consoles as they have been doing since WIi Us been on the market. The people buying them at launch for alot of money are the hardcore fans, who dont mind shelling out several hundred bucks. 

YOu can live in your bottle world all you want, PS360 and WIi being on the market DOES affect WIi U, period. Only someone in denial will lie to themselves, when someone is looking to buy a console and we are talking price, when they look on the shelves who is the cheapest? who is the most expensive? YOu mean to tell me that these systems arent effecting WIi U and it would be selling just as crappy if they didnt exist?

you're the one in denial. wii u's situation is not connected to competition from ps360 and wii, those 3 consoles could be doing better or worse than now and wii u would still be selling like crap. it only need the games.

Then what you're ultimately saying is that its price doesn't matter? The fact that it's cheaper than PS4 doesn't help it. Period?

Do you believe a price cut would do nothing for WiiU, even if timed with Mario's release?

what I'm ultimately saying is that PRICE IS NOT WII U'S PROBLEM

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:

Yes Wii U is selling bad because of lack of compelling software, but ur being ignorant if u believe the existing consoles arent competition.

why do people conviniently forget basic logic when it comes to nintendo? what console didn't have to coexist with previous gen ones for a while? that isn't to say the old saturated last gen will be a TRUE competition just because it's still on the market.

What r u talking about? Im not saying they will be competition 3-4 years from now but they certainly are currently. And yes that happens every gen, Genesis was being outsold by NES, PS1/Saturn were being outsold by SNES, Dreamcast was outsold by PS1/N64, 360 outsold by PS2 and now Wii U Iis getting outsold by PS360.

I dont know what u are trying to prove, there is no way around it, PS360 are comp to Wii U.

but they are not TRUE competition, old consoles market is mostly composed of late adopters while new consoles market is mostly by those who already own one and want to upgrade to the new gen.

Zero999 truly believes that price doesnt play a factor into WIi U, despite several people ripping that to shreds, I kinda hope that Ninty doesnt drop the price just to see how some are going to justify when it again doesnt set the charts on fire.

Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

because i keep saying wii u has the price advantage over ps4/xone and you keep trying to ignore that by saying the "wii/ps360 are cheaper crap". those are saturated old consoles and no true competition to wii u/ps4/xone.

ALL consoles compete with each other, period. Thats just basic economics, if it wasnt true competition, WIi U would already be beating those "saturated" consoles

I already told you the reason more than 10 times. wii u is not selling because of lack of games, accept it.

Yes Wii U is selling bad because of lack of compelling software, but ur being ignorant if u believe the existing consoles arent competition.

why do people conviniently forget basic logic when it comes to nintendo? what console didn't have to coexist with previous gen ones for a while? that isn't to say the old saturated lTRUE competition just becaast gen will be a use it's still on the market.

this made me LOL, what the hell is true competition? As long as those consoles will be on store shelves they Will compete with other consoles on those same store shelves, basic economics

Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:

why do people conviniently forget basic logic when it comes to nintendo? what console didn't have to coexist with previous gen ones for a while? that isn't to say the old saturated last gen will be a TRUE competition just because it's still on the market.

What r u talking about? Im not saying they will be competition 3-4 years from now but they certainly are currently. And yes that happens every gen, Genesis was being outsold by NES, PS1/Saturn were being outsold by SNES, Dreamcast was outsold by PS1/N64, 360 outsold by PS2 and now Wii U Iis getting outsold by PS360.

I dont know what u are trying to prove, there is no way around it, PS360 are comp to Wii U.

but they are not TRUE competition, old consoles market is mostly composed of late adopters while new consoles market is mostly by those who already own one and want to upgrade to the new gen.

As opposed to fake competition? What about people lookimg to buy there first console? Or people who only had a Wii and want to upgrade? Or people looking ffor a second console? These people dont care about 7th gen or 8th gen or how long a console has been on the market, they look at what has the best/most games, value and price which are things PS3/360 have over Wii U currently.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:

As opposed to fake competition? What about people lookimg to buy there first console? Or people who only had a Wii and want to upgrade? Or people looking ffor a second console? These people dont care about 7th gen or 8th gen or how long a console has been on the market, they look at what has the best/most games, value and price which are things PS3/360 have over Wii U currently.

we might be wasting our time

oniyide said:
Zero999 truly believes that price doesnt play a factor into WIi U, despite several people ripping that to shreds, I kinda hope that Ninty doesnt drop the price just to see how some are going to justify when it again doesnt set the charts on fire.

you truly believe price is what is causing wii u to sell so bad.

hint: it isn't

oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

I'm officialy tired of you. I'll probably rarely reply to you again since i don't like talking to brick walls.

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
zorg1000 said:

I'm officialy tired of you. I'll probably rarely reply to you again since i don't like talking to brick walls.

3 different people are telling you the same thing, the only brick wall is you. Are you going to tell me if the Wii U wasnt cheaper it wouldnt sell better? You have no idea how economics work then

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

you truly believe price is what is causing wii u to sell so bad.

hint: it isn't

Its not THE reason but its a reason. Games are the major reason but price and marketing have a role in it as well. im going to throw out a possible scenario with numbers

Wii U Deluxe @$350 w/lack of games & marketing-25k per week

Vs

Wii U Deluxe @$299 w/lack of games & marketing-35k per week

Or

Wii U Deluxe @$350 w/games & marketing-70k per week

Vs

Wii U Deluxe @$299 w/games & marketing-100k per week

Nobody here is trying to say price is the one and only reason its sales are low but it definitely is a factor. Personally I dont think a price cut is necessary this year, it has a solid line up of games coming the rest of the year and with marketing and holiday deals/bundles it will be fine. Im gueesing next April we will see Wii U Deluxe Mario Kart 8 bundle at $299 and Wii U Basic at $199, with those prices and the games its getting this year and next year, Wii U will sell well compared to the competition.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.