By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo needs to drop WiiU's price soon and here's why

Tagged games:

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

you're the one in denial. wii u's situation is not connected to competition from ps360 and wii, those 3 consoles could be doing better or worse than now and wii u would still be selling like crap. it only need the games.

that contradicts your stance on saying people will favor the cheaper consoles. Are they NOT favoring the cheaper consoles now? Looking the the charts they sure are. Cant have it both ways. There is no season where people favor cheaper consoles than others, its all the time thing.

your trolling regarding this started long ago. whoever is still buying wii's or ps360's are late adopters that wouldn't buy a wii u/ps4/xone anyway. thus those people were never potential buyers for wii u and among it's true competition (ps4/xone), it is the cheapest and those looking FOR A 8TH GEN CONSOLE will favour the cheapest.

you know this how? whats stopping them from just throwing an extra 50 toward the WIi U, since the price isnt that different. Those looking for an 8th gen console, they have one, its called Wii u and has been selling like molasses, and its the cheapest, but they are still not buying it, so what now? And no ALL consoles are in competition with each other. Doenst matter the gen, as long as they fight for shelf space they fight for dollars

again with this crap about wii u sales? do you have cognition problems? wii u is in a complete game drought, to most people it is not an option right now.

what does drought have to do with system pricing? not much, try again.

Around the Network
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
DucksUnlimited said:

They don't need to do research. The pros of each system will be heavily advertised, and will likely be written directly on the frickin box. You seem to think that the general population is just going to assume all platforms are equal and just pick the cheapest option. Which has never been the case for any console. Ever.

Also the fact that at most stores PS360 games have at least 3x as much shelf space each so no research needs to be done to see which has more games, the most important part of any console.

wii u will also have the advantage of quantity, quality and variety of titles against ps4/xone for an undetermined time frame. so that's another advantage.

That wont be an advantage over PS360, at least for another year.

if you insist so much,it will be even worse for ps4/xone for at least another 2 years.

Ps4/x1 will most likely get more support from 3rd parties than Wii U is and will get and even if what you say is true, so what? Doesnt change what I said, why keep bringing those two up? Yo're not bothering me.

oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:

you know this how? whats stopping them from just throwing an extra 50 toward the WIi U, since the price isnt that different. Those looking for an 8th gen console, they have one, its called Wii u and has been selling like molasses, and its the cheapest, but they are still not buying it, so what now? And no ALL consoles are in competition with each other. Doenst matter the gen, as long as they fight for shelf space they fight for dollars

again with this crap about wii u sales? do you have cognition problems? wii u is in a complete game drought, to most people it is not an option right now.

what does drought have to do with system pricing? not much, try again.

the system pricing is not what's hurting wii u's sales, it's the game drought. keep trying, maybe you'll get the Curé Syndrome you want so much.

oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
DucksUnlimited said:

They don't need to do research. The pros of each system will be heavily advertised, and will likely be written directly on the frickin box. You seem to think that the general population is just going to assume all platforms are equal and just pick the cheapest option. Which has never been the case for any console. Ever.

Also the fact that at most stores PS360 games have at least 3x as much shelf space each so no research needs to be done to see which has more games, the most important part of any console.

wii u will also have the advantage of quantity, quality and variety of titles against ps4/xone for an undetermined time frame. so that's another advantage.

if you insist so much,it will be even worse for ps4/xone for at least another 2 years.

Ps4/x1 will most likely get more support from 3rd parties than Wii U is and will get and even if what you say is true, so what? Doesnt change what I said, why keep bringing those two up? Yo're not bothering me.

because i keep saying wii u has the price advantage over ps4/xone and you keep trying to ignore that by saying the "wii/ps360 are cheaper crap". those are saturated old consoles and no true competition to wii u/ps4/xone.

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
DucksUnlimited said:

because i keep saying wii u has the price advantage over ps4/xone and you keep trying to ignore that by saying the "wii/ps360 are cheaper crap". those are saturated old consoles and no true competition to wii u/ps4/xone.

ALL consoles compete with each other, period. Thats just basic economics, if it wasnt true competition, WIi U would already be beating those "saturated" consoles

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

ALL consoles compete with each other, period. Thats just basic economics, if it wasnt true competition, WIi U would already be beating those "saturated" consoles

I already told you the reason more than 10 times. wii u is not selling because of lack of games, accept it.

Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

I already told you the reason more than 10 times. wii u is not selling because of lack of games, accept it.

Yes Wii U is selling bad because of lack of compelling software, but ur being ignorant if u believe the existing consoles arent competition.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

Yes Wii U is selling bad because of lack of compelling software, but ur being ignorant if u believe the existing consoles arent competition.

why do people conviniently forget basic logic when it comes to nintendo? what console didn't have to coexist with previous gen ones for a while? that isn't to say the old saturated last gen will be a TRUE competition just because it's still on the market.

Zero999 said:
zorg1000 said:
Zero999 said:
oniyide said:
Zero999 said:

why do people conviniently forget basic logic when it comes to nintendo? what console didn't have to coexist with previous gen ones for a while? that isn't to say the old saturated last gen will be a TRUE competition just because it's still on the market.

What r u talking about? Im not saying they will be competition 3-4 years from now but they certainly are currently. And yes that happens every gen, Genesis was being outsold by NES, PS1/Saturn were being outsold by SNES, Dreamcast was outsold by PS1/N64, 360 outsold by PS2 and now Wii U Iis getting outsold by PS360.

I dont know what u are trying to prove, there is no way around it, PS360 are comp to Wii U.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

pezus said:
Zero999 said:

3ds lowest week was 7k worldwide, right before the price cut and it was doing bad even before the price cut announcement. ps360 comparisons are irrelevant since their situation wasn't the same.

And you are not a troll for "not agreeing" with me. You are a troll because I said countless times that wii u's current 20k weekly sales are irrelevant to predict the console's future and yet you keep repeating it as if it were an actual argument. it's irrelevant because those are the sales from a drought period, the wii u has nothing close to a system seller and didn't have any relevant releases for months. it could be selling 10k or 30k a week and it would be the same. When the good games start releasing starting with pikmin 3, that is the time to look at sales and try to predict something.

The fuck? Talk about "actual arguments. This never happened...

You said your side countless times, and I countered with plenty of arguments. You say some people don't use logic, yet you're the one clinging to hope and not logic. What were PS3's sales in a drought period? Wii's? Heck, 360's? None of them sold as little as WiiU, yet they all had drought periods.

Predictions can be made anytime, anywhere, and about anything. It isn't yours to determine that one thing is irrelevant while another is not. What you're doing is closing your eyes to the real issue: The price AND the games. Here it is one more time: The games alone won't bring a console selling 20k a week to Wii, or even PS3 levels. 

you countered nothing i said, you just kept repeating the same nonsense.

wii u had 1 decent exclusivein the last 7 months. that and some late ports, so it's drought doesn't compare to x360 or ps3 and there's also the market difference since 2006.

that's right, it's not me who decide what's irrelevant or not, it's logic who does that. and logic says wii u is selling bad because of lack of games wich means it's hugely stupid when someone mentions current sales as a parameter to predict even worse sales on the future.

games brought 3ds sales to current levels. the price cut was needed because it was overpriced while wii u is not, although a cut will help, it's not absolute needed.