By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge magazine goes CRAZY- "ps4 is your next console", "One; titanic failures"

Gaming journalism at its finest.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
I don't see the big deal. This fits in fairly reasonably to Edge's stance of "We don't pull punches like the rest of video game magazines."

That said, i'm waiting till the libraries develop for any of the three next gen consoles. None of them have enough exclusives to be considered a winner to me.

Microsoft would be close with Spark.... IF Spark wasn't on PC. Spark looking like what i thought LBP should have been.

I believe the problem is a mag picking a winner with nothing to go on.  Neither the X1 or PS4 have hit the market.  No games have been reviewed and the system features at this point are not fully fleshed out from either console maker.  Also, since the systems have not been put through their paces, no one knows how well they actually will compare to each other.  Without any real answers to any of those question, this article just becomes more opinion then anything else.  I expect better from a mag like Edge and I have to say they have lost a lot of my respect.  A title and stance like this is going for sells because whether someone agree or not agree with theri take, they will want to read the article because of the headline.

Multimedialover said:
I actually read the article.

Its in my local WHSmith today. Wierd.

I hink alot of people are gnna rip Edge apart when they read it. Its borderline scrounging for crumbs on the floor that just arent there.

Hees a brief clip that made me laugh.

"Knack is a great litle platformer and something the Xbox One does't have. Its this kinda game at lauch that will help define PS4 away from Xbox One "

Well at least to that effect.

I burst out laughing an began to wonder how much Sony payto keep Edge afloat with this article.

They also hinge ALOT on Killzone Shadowfall. Saying it will outsell Titanfalls sales due to btter graphics.

Oh Edge how you suck.

Just read this is Tesco's. 

Most BS filled article I have ever read. Edge have completely lost it. 

Their reviews have always been rather low on PS3 exclusives, Sony payout is the only logical reason for this article to even exist. 

Conegamer said:
Well. I don't know what to say. Having a read through it seems ridiculously biased at best. Not only is their no mention of the Wii U in the article at all, but it also blows some things out of proportion drastically.

They'll get in trouble for this.

Provided its an opinon piece they cannot get into trouble

silentdj151 said:
when the next generation ends there will be less then a 5% gap between market share for ps4 and xbox one...with xbox one being more profitable due to xbox live

If more people buy a PS4 (which is likely at this moment in time) and they get a significant portion to purchase PS+ then on a yearly basis they will make more money from the PS4. 

Simple really. That's why PS+ is so important to Sony they can get a lot of people on this service, just like MS have with Live on the 360. It's where the money is to be made.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network
tuscaniman99 said:
@S.T.A.G.E.
You honestly think there will always be a $100 difference between the two consoles? Both will be priced evenly by fall of 2014. Most of these multiplat gamers you are talking about can also be referred to as casual gamers. These casual gamers aren't going to drop that kind of money on next gen till the consoles drop to $299. COD can still be played on PS3 and Xbox One for at least a couple more years.

What is to say that by next year sony cannot reduce the price when MS does. It's pretty much what MS have done this generation. They had the cheaper console and were able to stay ahead of Sony in terms of discounting etc. MS played it very smart this gen..every time Sony tried to do something, MS countered and they did it very well.

I just suspect Sony will now play that same process against MS.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Edge UP in my concept .

SxyxS said:
kljesta64 said:
someone got paid nicely

Do you mean microsoft lost its monopol on paying mags?

BOOM!... GAME OVER...

eres el unico que puede tomar la desicion que nadie mas puede... la correcta

curl-6 said:
Wrong.
Wii U is my next console.

I thought u had a Wii U already? Post ur second Wii U to me when u get it next ;)

Smartest nam evila

Current Platforms: HighendPC[rip]/PS4/PS3[rip]/Vita[rip]

tuscaniman99 said:
@S.T.A.G.E.
In your opinion the illusion of advantages of XBL gold is over (no illusion honestly). 300,000 servers have been opened for dedicated server support, improved chat clarity, and ease of use are the advantages of XBL. Just because PS4 finally offers cross chat gaming doesn't mean it will have dedicated server support for every game and party chat. We haven't seen the new PSN in action yet to make a judgement. Even syncing trophies takes up to 10 minutes on a regular basis. Sony has a long ways to go to prove to people that their online experience will be as good as Xbox's and since you have to pay for it now it has to be or it will be a laughing stock.

Well,seriously...i was shocked,and surprise...

indeed i'm pretty interested with which country are you from,

while i never took more than 2 minutes for syncing my playstation network trophies,

let alone that i'm from a small country in South East Asia,Malaysia and using a 4Mbps internet line,

hopefully,you are biased as others said but...at least respect others and respect yourself,

never give any fake statement just for the purpose of blind support,kiddo.