By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Edge magazine goes CRAZY- "ps4 is your next console", "One; titanic failures"

Conegamer said:
Well. I don't know what to say. Having a read through it seems ridiculously biased at best. Not only is their no mention of the Wii U in the article at all, but it also blows some things out of proportion drastically.

They'll get in trouble for this.

Get in trouble with who exactly?

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
slowmo said:
Hynad said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
slowmo said:

Perhaps because one company makes billions in profit every quarter where as the other is selling assets and cost cutting to try and scrape profitability.  Microsoft will always have the ability to loss lead on hardware by a huge margin if they ever wanted to. 

MS will always have the ability to losslead, but compared to Sony losses to make their platforms succeed there is a clear distinction. The PS4 will make small profit in the beginning and it will grow over time. They will be able to cut price fairly soon.

Sony's Playstation division has always turned a profit when all was said and done. Yeah PS3 was an expensive endeavor for them, but at the end of the day, they broke even and turned a profit. The PS4 doesn't even compare to the PS3 when it comes to R&D and manufacturing costs. And now that online gaming is behind a pay wall, I can't see the PS4 struggling to start turning a profit early on during the gen. 

The PS3 is nowhere near to breaking even but that's not really relevant to the next generation anyway.  The point is that Microsoft are a very healthy company, Sony are not, hence the massive restructuring going on which may yet not be enough to stave off further changes further down the line.  This isn't about whether the PS4 can make money, it's about whether the parent company can afford to cut their profit and it's clear one can while the other can't.  If Microsoft want to make this a price war Sony are in trouble.  I'm not saying I think Microsoft will make any cuts necessarily but they certainly have the option to be far more agressive if they need/choose to, it's really not even debatable imo.

The PS3 hatred runs deep. The PS3 broke even in 2010 and its been profitting for three years now. Look it up.

Do you even read before you hit reply.  The PS3 has not, repeat not, clawed back its early losses.  Talk about being in denial

ronco2000 said:
Conegamer said:
Well. I don't know what to say. Having a read through it seems ridiculously biased at best. Not only is their no mention of the Wii U in the article at all, but it also blows some things out of proportion drastically.

Well MS won't be seeing them in a good light, and most forum-goers won't as well. 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
ronco2000 said:
Conegamer said:

Well MS won't be seeing them in a good light, and most forum-goers won't as well. 

Most forum goers? According to MS fans, Sony-fans own the internet, so EDGE being ps4 biased would actually garner them more hits, if it were indeed true.

slowmo said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
slowmo said:
H

The PS3 hatred runs deep. The PS3 broke even in 2010 and its been profitting for three years now. Look it up.

Do you even read before you hit reply.  The PS3 has not, repeat not, clawed back its early losses.  Talk about being in denial

It will, hence the ten year plan, which Microsoft is now copying. Why might you ask? Because it works.

Around the Network

Well in my case, edge is not lying xD

RolStoppable said:
Damn right, guys. The PS3 has been a profitable product overall. But haters are gonna hate.

So true. My friend loved the PS3 so much he bought two and now Sony finally broke even.

Welcome aboard!

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

I remember when Edge was Metal Edge, those hard rock covers were really cool:

Then, they started to downplay the "Metal" and give the EDGE a bigger importance, like this:

Then they became a magazine about whatever, called EDGE...

PS: I know this is not the case, but, still...

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

RolStoppable said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
slowmo said:

It will, hence the ten year plan, which Microsoft is now copying. Why might you ask? Because it works.

Please tell me that you are trolling.

The world is trolling, my friend. Only the few know where the extinquisher and fire escape are. :)