By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft might extend free Xbox Gold games offer, is “sorry about dissapointment”

ganoncrotch said:

Fable 3 has been free with gold since E3, shame that isn't a really "cute incorrect thing" you can think it's ps fanboys shitting on microsoft but I think people who use XBLG were actually looking forwards to the 2nd game they gave for free being a full retail game like the first one.

Just a couple corrections to this.

1. Fable 3 was not part of the"Games with Gold" program. Defense Grid is, in fact, the game that kicks it off.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/18/fable-3-will-be-free-until-june-30-not-part-of-microsofts-games-with-gold-incentive

2. I didn't say anything about "PS fanboys", I said complainers.

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
bonkers555 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
PSN Plus is the main reason they are giving away the free games. The response from the product is widely positive and the media reception is painting it like it makes Xbox Live look bad as far as offerings are concerned.

XBL Gold is the reason why PSN+ is require for online games. Like another member have say before

"XBL Gold get free games, PSN now have a paywall"

ON Topic: The games are pretty lacking but the up side is you keep the games even after you stop have Gold.

Wrong.

PSN Plus was an experiment since 2010 to see if Sony gave a true service to people to see if they would pay for it. The numbers showed that people liked it and to enhance the process they decided to charge. The difference is they gave people an actual reason to pay before they threw the multiplayer into the mix.

PSN has a paywall for multiplayer not online usage. Xbox Live is a blockage from the majority of online usage. You can still play MMO's and all the other things off of PSN Plus.

Essentially Sony showed MS how to give back to paying consumers without taking the whole experience from them and still giving back. Before this MS gamers never got a rental like service.

You can play MMO's on XBL without Gold. Sometimes you say the cutest incorrect things in a rush to crap on MS whenever possible. Loyalty free and all.

Anyways Defense Grid is a great game. Does it really matter what MS gave away free to kick the service off? The complainers would still complain.

What MMO are you currently playing outside of Xbox Live Gold? Better yet...hows your Netflix that you paid for?

Both FFXI and PSU worked last I played them without Gold, which was years ago. Idk if either game is even online still. As for Netflix, works fine on my 360. I usually watch it through my TV app though. Either way just thought I would correct you again.

Defense Grid was the first free game this month?! Well that sucks. What other old arcade games will they give us? I'm definitely not renewing my Gold subscription next year if they keep giving lame old games whilst PS Plus is offering some pretty great and recent games.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

It's funny to see people saying "Hey this free stuff isn't good enough!"

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Both FFXI and PSU worked last I played them without Gold, which was years ago. Idk if either game is even online still. As for Netflix, works fine on my 360. I usually watch it through my TV app though. Either way just thought I would correct you again.

Curious.....

Is PSU a game without a subscription or does it have a fee via first party?

is their a difference in giving a game a way(xbl) and renting one(ps+) i mean theyre all digital. microsoft can offer the same incentives to devs that sony has been doing. of course microsoft cant offer as much since their catalog is lacking but offering 24 free games a year is better than nothing. next gen is where the biggest gap will happen ps+ can still offer the free games via gaikai while xb1 wont have a library to draw from. i think thats why microsoft is hesitant about the program. its great for the 360 but then what for next gen? it would have been better if the 360 soc in the xbone was true. then nobody wouldve complained about 499.

lol on another note can you see the defense grid all proud to be the first to be chosen only to get shit on by xbox members

Stinky said:
Why should they be sorry? Defense Grid is a great game.

Yea, I was a bit disappointed it wasn't Halo 3, but then I listened to that park the briefing again, they never said it would be Halo 3 or AC2 this month.

I haven't played a good tower defense in a while, and Defense Grid is really fun so far.

Plus is has a British dude guiding you.  It's almost always a good idea to have a British dude in a game.*

*Except for that one game many years ago, where they had a British dude that sound like he was from Texas.  A seriously, strange accent, made you cringe that one did. 

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

J_Allard said:
ganoncrotch said:

Fable 3 has been free with gold since E3, shame that isn't a really "cute incorrect thing" you can think it's ps fanboys shitting on microsoft but I think people who use XBLG were actually looking forwards to the 2nd game they gave for free being a full retail game like the first one.

Just a couple corrections to this.

1. Fable 3 was not part of the"Games with Gold" program. Defense Grid is, in fact, the game that kicks it off.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/18/fable-3-will-be-free-until-june-30-not-part-of-microsofts-games-with-gold-incentive

2. I didn't say anything about "PS fanboys", I said complainers.

http://i.imgur.com/Y45lSxB.jpg

That was the dashboard which featured fable 3 not being part of the free with gold games. I'm sure you could see the confusion from the point of say, anyone who uses a 360 console and can read.

edit - would think btw if it wasn't part of games for gold, why did silver members not get it? why was it, unrelated to games for gold, but only a game, for gold members.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive