By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft might extend free Xbox Gold games offer, is “sorry about dissapointment”

Why should they be sorry? Defense Grid is a great game.

Around the Network

I was very disappointed that the first game was Defense Grid. I was hoping for full retail games not arcade games.

I read this title complete wrong. at first I thought that microsoft was going to offer gold for free and got a little happy inside... but then defense grid. oh well

S.T.A.G.E. said:
PSN Plus is the main reason they are giving away the free games. The response from the product is widely positive and the media reception is painting it like it makes Xbox Live look bad as far as offerings are concerned.

XBL Gold is the reason why PSN+ is require for online games. Like another member have say before

"XBL Gold get free games, PSN now have a paywall"

ON Topic: The games are pretty lacking but the up side is you keep the games even after you stop have Gold.

bonkers555 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
PSN Plus is the main reason they are giving away the free games. The response from the product is widely positive and the media reception is painting it like it makes Xbox Live look bad as far as offerings are concerned.

XBL Gold is the reason why PSN+ is require for online games. Like another member have say before

ON Topic: The games are pretty lacking but the up side is you keep the games even after you stop have Gold.

Wonder why Sony has cross game chat as well now.

Around the Network
MB1025 said:
bonkers555 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Because it's a good feature to have?

i thought it was permanent?

MB1025 said:
bonkers555 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

actually they've had it since Vita launched, its always been a hardware thing and NOT an online thing.

"Sorry about disappointment"

Don't worry Microsoft, I'm use to it.

It's funny because Halo 3 and AC2 are both old as fuck (especially H3, which the vast majority of 360 owners probably already own), and yet they are holding these two games back like they're some big marquee holiday titles lol.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.