By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft might extend free Xbox Gold games offer, is “sorry about dissapointment”

VG247

Microsoft might make its free Xbox Live Gold games offer a permanent event depending on the response it receives during its initial run till 31st December.

Larry “Major Nelson” Hyrb stated this on Reddit, commenting that “Anything is possible,” when asked whether Microsoft has any plans of continuing this offer beyond the initial term of 31st December.  ”We’ll see how the program goes” Hyrb added.

Major Nelson also apologized to Live users for being disappointed over the announcement of Defence Grid as the first free game for the month of July.

“Sorry about the disappointment. Not sure how people started to assume that H3 and AC2 were coming in July. I thought it was pretty clear in the briefing, but I guess not that clear” Hyrb said.

He also promised to make marketing aware of the displeasure of the community over this. “I don’t work in marketing, but I am going to make them aware of this thread.”

Microsoft had announced this scheme during its E3 conference, and only two games were mentioned as part of the statement: Halo 3 and Assassin’s Creed 2. Therefore, people assumed that those would be July’s free Gold games, leading them to be left disappointed.

However, the exact dates for the games being made available as part of this scheme were never mentioned by Microsoft.

Under this scheme, Xbox Gold users will get one free game on the 1st and 16th of each month.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/01/microsoft-might-extend-free-xbox-gold-games-offer-is-sorry-about-dissapointment/

Around the Network

Seeing the free games you can play on psn, halo3 and Ac2 are kinda lame as well

Honestly I think they have to make this permanment to compete with PS Plus. 

If they dont make it permanent than it would be like xbox live taking a giant step backwards. They need to at least keep it running for the 360 gamers paying for live...

Lyrikalstylez said:

Only good games on ps+?

Around the Network

Now is this only on the 1st and 16th of each month or is each game available until the next free game is, essentially giving you 2 weeks to download?

Why does the author of the article keep referring to is as a scheme, a scheme is like to rob a bank, this is more like an incentive or promotion.

MegaManX said:
Why does the author of the article keep referring to is as a scheme, a scheme is like to rob a bank, this is more like an incentive or promotion.

Schemes aren't necessarily bad.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

walsufnir said:
Lyrikalstylez said:

Only good games on ps+?

certainly not.  everyone always complains when the free game is one they already own or don't want but the bottom line is of the 60 or whatever games you geta year you will find well over $50 worth a games you do want. 

the free games on live might not all be "winners" but for fucks sake, it's more than you thought you were paying for when you originally paid for a year of live.  what fucking grounds do you have to complain?!?!?!?!  (<-- not aimed at you walsufnir obviously)

PSN Plus is the main reason they are giving away the free games. The response from the product is widely positive and the media reception is painting it like it makes Xbox Live look bad as far as offerings are concerned.