By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I know I'll be lynched for this but... I'm having more fun playing Resident Evil 6 than The Last of Us.

Tagged games:

platformmaster918 said:
Is the camera fixed since the RE6 demo? Seemed like the character covered up way to much of the screen in the demo and I actually liked RE5 especially co-op. 6 seemed like a great game but that demo really turned me off. So much so that I've seen it for $20 on multiple occasions and still not pulled the trigger.

Yeah it's fixed. You can change the main camera field of view, and the shooting field of view.
 I still think the console version is bleh though, because the framerate is pretty bad. But I'm kind of difficult when it comes to framerate

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/comparison-of-the-new-resident-evil-6-camera-patch.452800120/

Around the Network

Having played neither, but having seen the reviews for both, I say...okay.

From what I've heard, Last of Us sounds like the deeper game, with a more mature story, but that doesn't automatically mean more fun. In fact, I've heard quite the opposite; that the very things that make it a good story make it difficult to play. Either way, it's cool to like what you want.

Honestly, I have more fun with Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) than Sonic the Hedgehog (1991), so I can't talk. :P

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

I would just like to say that The Last of Us has a very slow start.

Desktop: AMD Phenom X4 955, ATI Radeon 7950 :: Laptop: Intel i7-3532QM, ATI Radeon 7670m

Consoles: 3DS XL, PS Vita, Zelda 3DS, PS3 Super Slim, DSi, PSP Go, PS3 Fat, Wii, GameCube, PS2

Now Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Dark Souls, Fallout: New Vegas, The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages, Persona 4: Golden

ishiki said:
platformmaster918 said:
Is the camera fixed since the RE6 demo? Seemed like the character covered up way to much of the screen in the demo and I actually liked RE5 especially co-op. 6 seemed like a great game but that demo really turned me off. So much so that I've seen it for $20 on multiple occasions and still not pulled the trigger.

Yeah it's fixed. You can change the main camera field of view, and the shooting field of view.
 I still think the console version is bleh though, because the framerate is pretty bad. But I'm kind of difficult when it comes to framerate

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/comparison-of-the-new-resident-evil-6-camera-patch.452800120/

good.  I have a friend who I think I can have a good time co-oping this game locally with.  Should be fun to try to platinum.  I'm feeling like a good cheesefest of a story after 3 LoU playthroughs (still one more for collectibles then co-op but then Saints Row 3 since Plus gave me it).

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Sensei said:

So, about three weeks ago, I started playing Resident Evil 6, which I only got due to the PSN RE sale (didn't buy on release due to all the bad press and word of mouth saying it wasn't worth $60). As a PS Plus member, it cost me $14, as well as around $7 for all the DLC. So I bought it and so far it's a great experience, played all of Leon's campaign and loved the coop, midway through Chris' campaign and it's also fun.

Enter The Last of Us, which I got on day one: epic graphics, hype, Metacritic 95 and all. Stopped Resident Evil 6 to play it. Turns out I played it for about 5 hours and I simply am not feeling like playing it again. I want to go back and play Resident Evil 6's Chris campaign because it was more fun where I stopped. I was expecting Uncharted-esque / Tomb Raider-esque scenes for The Last of Us but nothing so far has blown me away... only a few nasty bits of extreme violence but I'm not really into it. So yeah I'm kinda bored... 

I'm at the part Joel is with Ellie and they met Joel's friend, who will help them fix a car... 

What happened here? Is The Last of Us supposed to get better as I play? Why did Resident Evil 6 get so much shit on reviews? I honestly think it plays very well... especially in coop, I'm having a hell lot of fun with it...

I also had a blast with Resident Evil 6 while playing leons campaign (The first section on in the campus) It felt like I was playing an old school resi game again, but I enjoyed TLOU alot more but Resi 6 I felt was still awesome :)

Check out my Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePSXcollector

Around the Network
F0X said:
That's fine. Personally, I think TLOU outshines Resident Evil and Uncharted is virtually every way I care about. I've actually forgiven Naughty Dog for cancelling Jak 4, because apparently they've found out why most "cinematic" action games have consistently failed to impress me, and have worked to rectify those problems.

When was Jak 4 announced?

Jay520 said:
F0X said:
That's fine. Personally, I think TLOU outshines Resident Evil and Uncharted is virtually every way I care about. I've actually forgiven Naughty Dog for cancelling Jak 4, because apparently they've found out why most "cinematic" action games have consistently failed to impress me, and have worked to rectify those problems.

When was Jak 4 announced?

The TLOU team was originally going to develop a Jak and Daxter reboot, but ultimately decided to develop The Last of Us.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-06-naughty-dog-a-new-jak-and-daxter-would-do-everyone-a-disservice

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I couldn't stand RE6. One of the worst games I have ever played.

TLOU does picks up if you thought the first few hours were slow.

There is something wrong with you.

From this description you simply like action games, not survival games.
I found RE6 terrible after playing the demo, especially Chris' campaign which was a very weak action oriented bit. Nothing like pre 5 RE's and nothing remotely in the likes of survival horror. TLoU is just very different, and objectively way better.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!