By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I know I'll be lynched for this but... I'm having more fun playing Resident Evil 6 than The Last of Us.

Tagged games:

Games reviews these days arent about fun, but about technical achievements.

I agree with you OP. Though i enjoy both games, reviews are not something to go buy when choosing the games you want to play. There are many examples of this on this gen. Things took a turn for the worse.

The prime victim of this beeing Nier. An incredible experience like no other that was written off as trash by the commercial reviews due to minor flaws and not beeing west developed.

I miss the times up until the playstation when reviewers would try to tell you how much fun a given game is.

Around the Network

Yeah, I'm sure resident evil is just bad in relation with games in it's own series. It's not deserving of the title, "Resident Evil," because it's far too different from the original idea of resident evil.

But, in a game of it's own class, it's fine.

Personally, I cannot accept that, so I bought Resident Evil 2 and 3, and, I didn't grow up with either of those games. I got them about 2 months ago on sale, and played the crap out of them. PS1 graphics didn't bother me. Neither did the controls. But, RE6? I'll take a pass and go back to the classics. Love resident evil 2 most, and beat it four times. (til' i got sick of the game.)

Now, I can't sit through it anymore, but, that's because I played it too much. One day, I'll beat it another four times, and get sick of it all over again. :)

Waiting for TLoU to become greatest hits, with all DLC, since I'm sick of NG with all the DLC (25 cents for a costume in UC3) map-packs, season pass, etc... Then, later down the road, the DLC becomes free in the GH version. So, this time, I'll wait.... Already spoiled part of it, but, I watched it part-by-part on youtube, and that to me isn't like just getting a large piece of information spoiled in the forum.

But, I do want to be surprised when i do play the game, so i wont watch too far into it.

Opinions are opinions. I disliked GTA4 98 meta game or whatever. I liked Sleeping dogs 80s meta I think.

That's fine. Personally, I think TLOU outshines Resident Evil and Uncharted is virtually every way I care about. I've actually forgiven Naughty Dog for cancelling Jak 4, because apparently they've found out why most "cinematic" action games have consistently failed to impress me, and have worked to rectify those problems.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

It's fine. I played TLOU and didn't think it was all that either.

Around the Network

That's OK.
RE6 is an action game, so as far as action goes, it's better than TLoU.
But as a horror genre, TLoU completely outclasses any RE.

theprof00 said:

That's OK.
RE6 is an action game, so as far as action goes, it's better than TLoU.
But as a horror genre, TLoU completely outclasses any RE.

even the NGC's remakes? I don't think so.

Click HERE and be happy 

The Last of Us definitely gets better as it goes on. Allow yourself to get immersed in the game and you should enjoy it. If not then it is just not the game for you.

Sensei said:

So yeah I'm kinda bored... 

Exactly how I felt after about 8 hours of playing. The game is so long and repetitive.

The story and presentations fantastic, but I can't say it was a fun experience.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Is the camera fixed since the RE6 demo? Seemed like the character covered up way to much of the screen in the demo and I actually liked RE5 especially co-op. 6 seemed like a great game but that demo really turned me off. So much so that I've seen it for $20 on multiple occasions and still not pulled the trigger.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers