By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I know I'll be lynched for this but... I'm having more fun playing Resident Evil 6 than The Last of Us.

Tagged games:

I'm about 65% of the way through. I think the story is a lot more important in this game than Uncharted and maybe even Tomb Raider. As for gameplay, it's not really anything like those two games. Stealth and melee combat is much more prevalent and it's virtually mandatory in some instances.

And due to low ammo and no health regeneration, the gun fights that do appear are obviously going to be of a slow and careful pace. So don't expect it to become like Uncharted or Tomb Raider, at least to the point that I've made it to. The action does get more intense, but I think you have a general idea seems of it seems to be the same. If you don't like it now, you probably won't like the rest, I think.

Around the Network

I'm curious what you mean by Uncharted esque/Tomb Raider esque scenes you were expecting for TLOU?

And as for you liking RE6 better. Well you can just get the fuck off the internet and never look back. You are a worthless gamer and you should destroy your ps3 and all your other game machines!! Yeah I went there.

lulz i'm just playing, but seriously get out. :-p

KBG29 said:
I felt the same way starting TLOU, in fact I broke it down to this;

Hours 1 - 4 = Not very impressed, especially with the hype of best single player experiance ever.

Hours 5 - 10 = Getting much more interesting, at least as good as any other game I have played this gen.

Hours 11 - 17= This whole part was the greatest ride I had ever had in a game, and I had that feeling 3 separate occasions in that last six hours.

Not saying the same will happen for you, but I really hope you will try to make it to the end. I would love to see your thoughts after finishing.

You forgot to say the intro was freaking amazeballs!!! At least you better say that before we lynch you as well.  

This sort of thing isn't as unusual as some people might think.

While I love The Last of Us (one of the best "stealth" games I've ever played), I also love Vampire Rain: Altered Species (much to the mocking chants of people that I know).

I also really like the latter half of Aliens: Colonial Marines (Hadley's hope onwards), although I must admit the game has a really "unfinished" feeling, and the parts of the game before you land at Hadley's hope are incredibly boring.

I've yet to play RE6 yet, but my brother liked it and recommended I give it a go before judging.

nnodley said:
I'm curious what you mean by Uncharted esque/Tomb Raider esque scenes you were expecting for TLOU?

And as for you liking RE6 better. Well you can just get the fuck off the internet and never look back. You are a worthless gamer and you should destroy your ps3 and all your other game machines!! Yeah I went there.

Or what, are you going to chase him for a thousand years. Then fall in love with some  blonde and then set him free.

Around the Network
BloodyRain said:
nnodley said:

Or what, are you going to chase him for a thousand years. Then fall in love with some  blonde and then set him free.

Of course.  That's my trademark!! :-p  He better be running really fast.

I honestly liked Res 6 and still have to complete Ada and Jake story but I don't see it coming close to TLOU lol.

nnodley said:

I don't know, Uncharted 2 started pretty intense with the "hanging on a train/cliff" scene, Tomb Raider also very intense with Lara tied upside down, being chased by someone, boulders falling, jumping cliffs, all that in the prologue. So I went to The Last of Us expecting some absolutely epic adrenaline pumping opening, and to me that intro was not. It was good for sure, but it was not an adrenaline rush, and the parts of the game I played, while well written for sure, just went on without any real major impact. There was even a scene of gunfight with some thugs that upon entering the room, I saw the cover boxed properly placed and I knew a gunfight would take place, which for the moment broke my immersion.

To sum it up, I was expecting more over the top action. I guess that's it.

KBG29 said:
I felt the same way starting TLOU, in fact I broke it down to this;

Hours 1 - 4 = Not very impressed, especially with the hype of best single player experiance ever.

Hours 5 - 10 = Getting much more interesting, at least as good as any other game I have played this gen.

Hours 11 - 17= This whole part was the greatest ride I had ever had in a game, and I had that feeling 3 separate occasions in that last six hours. 

Not saying the same will happen for you, but I really hope you will try to make it to the end. I would love to see your thoughts after finishing.

Thanks. I'll definitely go back to the game and post my thoughts later. I'm pretty sure the game is not bad, not in the slightest, maybe I was just expecting too much.

The internet is dark and full of terrors, specially gaming sites and their often clueless, enthusiastic members. See how a dissenting review gets bashed as if it were a court decision keeping people from enjoying said game.

It's a honest opinion and I liked it. Personally I've played many games that I enjoy more than some internet's darlings.

Sensei said:
nnodley said:

I don't know, Uncharted 2 started pretty intense with the "hanging on a train/cliff" scene, Tomb Raider also very intense with Lara tied upside down, being chased by someone, boulders falling, jumping cliffs, all that in the prologue. So I went to The Last of Us expecting some absolutely epic adrenaline pumping opening, and to me that intro was not. It was good for sure, but it was not an adrenaline rush, and the parts of the game I played, while well written for sure, just went on without any real major impact. There was even a scene of gunfight with some thugs that upon entering the room, I saw the cover boxed properly placed and I knew a gunfight would take place, which for the moment broke my immersion.

To sum it up, I was expecting more over the top action. I guess that's it.

Ah I see. I personally knew that the game would be nothing like Uncharted and would not be all about the set pieces and adrenaline pumping action.  But I can see based on their last games that some might be expecting that since they had 3 games like that.   But I guess like others say just play more and it should get better.  The last half of the game is amazing, imo.