By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Saving sex for marriage... Avoiding Lust

Celibacy for an adult (who is not disease ridden) is stupid.

A responsible adult should be able to have sex as they so choose. Missing out on a great natural experience is pointless. Just be responsible about your actions.

Around the Network

What superchunk said.

Also i wouldn't want to have to feel pressured into getting married just to experience sex.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Well said, superchunk.

I'm with superchunk

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Sounds like a boring, restrictive, repressed society to me.

Around the Network

I think even if you are not religious it is something to consider. It's not for everybody, but people should be responsible in case they slip one past the goalie. And I don't mean abortion, I don't want to open a flame war, but like smoking, drinking, gamble, drugs, or playing games all day, whatever vice you have, there are always consequences beyond yourself and people should consider how their actions will impact others. Plus I worked with a girl who had STD's, let me tell you, she had it in her mouth with outbreaks, it was not pretty. I try to live straight edge and I am physically at the best shape at my life in my late 20's. I was so sick as a child that I nearly died and after getting over that hump I have come to realize that health is second to none, don't take for granted that nothing hurts or you are not limited in any way if you are healthly. Believe me I can appreciate that even 15 years later.

Don't buy into the hype you read about that if you don't have 10 partners before your 15 your a horrible person, or some stupid crap. Live the life you want, find the person who loves you is most important and whoever you spend your life with will be the best of all worlds and will eclipse all the smaller relationships in your life.

Calmador said:

Genesis 2:24

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Its the last phrase that caught my eye as a kid. The become one flesh... made me respect sex as something more.. That phrase had some depth.

Matthew 5:27-28

27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

-------------------------------------------------

This kind of practice has been done before. Its not impossible. I'm trying to do it and so far, it has been liberating. It feels like your enslaved if you "need" to have sex.

So, if we all took God's idea of keeping a pure mind... before AND after marriage.... and as a result, saving sex for marriage and still after marriage maintaining self-control. (what I mean by self-control is that your not dominated by sex... even though you can have sex in marriage) Would we have a better society? Would there be as many players if men AND women in general could'nt "play" around before marriege? Yes, women can go out and do the same.

I would think so, since men and women would'nt have sex on thier minds as a goal but instead a family or a relationship. Also, men/women wouldn't care as much about looks and appearance. We'd make better choices on relationship. What do you think?

I am 31 years old, had sex with 26 diferent women. And I am not happy, so, I guess you are right =D

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

As a purely practical consideration, don't you need to make sure you're compatible? Are you sure she is fertile?

Human love, the biological construct, is BOTH physical and psychological. Sex is a completely natural and complementary part of it.Saying that avoiding sex allows a better relationship doesn't match up with how we know things work. It is obviously your choice, but your way is not better.

You mention "pure mind" and "self control" - why does the Bible and/or you imply that sex is dirty? Literally what is wrong with it, in an otherwise healthy relationship? What is the negative outcome here?

Finally, and I don't wish to make the thread about this, you imply certainty about the existence of a God, which the VGC audience does not necessarily share. Do make some attempt to seperate your arguments that arise from practical/logical concerns and ones from religious morality, so that we do not conflate them.

Saving sex for marriage? There's a loophole for that. (NSFW!) www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ZF_R_j0OY

Years too late. I embraced lust!