By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Saving sex for marriage... Avoiding Lust

Genesis 2:24

24 Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

Its the last phrase that caught my eye as a kid. The become one flesh... made me respect sex as something more.. That phrase had some depth.

Matthew 5:27-28

27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

-------------------------------------------------

This kind of practice has been done before. Its not impossible. I'm trying to do it and so far, it has been liberating. It feels like your enslaved if you "need" to have sex.

So, if we all took God's idea of keeping a pure mind... before AND after marriage.... and as a result, saving sex for marriage and still after marriage maintaining self-control. (what I mean by self-control is that your not dominated by sex... even though you can have sex in marriage) Would we have a better society? Would there be as many players if men AND women in general could'nt "play" around before marriege? Yes, women can go out and do the same.

I would think so, since men and women would'nt have sex on thier minds as a goal but instead a family or a relationship. Also, men/women wouldn't care as much about looks and appearance. We'd make better choices on relationship. What do you think?

All gaming systems, consoles/PC, have thier perks... why fight over preferences? I like Coke and you like Pepsi, that's it, let's not fight over which toy we like best cause that's what they are. Is someone's preference in a toy important or is the relationship between you and your neighbor more important? Answer is obvious, but THE most important thing is your relationship with God almighty. God Bless you in Jesus's name.

I can communicate without talking... I can send a loved one money without actually sending money... and I can commit theft without the product disappearing, the point of theft is the point of theft not one of it's possible symptoms which is the product dissappearing. The thief wants to gain something without paying for it, that's the point of theft, the thief doesn't have to care or anybody else has to care if the product dissappears. The product dissappearing is just a possible symptom of theft. Gifts are sacrfices, in order to give a gift, it has to be a genuine sacrfice/gift, meaning a copy of the game isn't still in your PC. Piracy is theft and/or being a culprit of theft.

Around the Network

God`s intention is to make "making love" a part of a couple`s happiness, not an end by itself. As you know, everything in God is about purity.
We should all live for our hearts and not our bodies (you can`t serv two masters at the same time).
Imagine a world where people would make love only during marriage (includes being faithful). How diferente things would be...

You are doing the right thing, don`t worry about it. :)

Dolphins don't need marriage to enjoy sex. Why should humans?

If that's how you define a "better" society, then yeah.

I don't know, I know some productive members of society that can become real pricks if they are not getting laid regularly.

Around the Network

I agree that people should avoid unprotected sex without being in a stable and committed relationship. However, marriage is not a requirement for this type of relationship. Not all marriages are stable and committed, while some non-married relationships are. Once a couple is stable and committed, getting married is fairly arbitrary.

I don't believe in marriage as an institution...should I have died when I was a virgin? O.O

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qoxg_DcqhsA

this is how i feel after reading this..

'Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll.'
-Shigeru Miyamoto

Despite criticism, I have been following this belief for a while. Not because I am religious, but it just seems too precious to give to anyone.

Estelle and Adol... best characters ever! XD

i would rather feel enslaved if i wouldn't have sex with the chance to have it just because i'm not married. that would be a really bad situation. enslaved to the idea that i can't because i'm not married.

i also don't think that our society would be better. the society was also not better in my opinion when almost everyone was married compared o nowadays. and that which was better doesn't have anything to do with people who are married or not.