By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How not to defend atheism

the2real4mafol said:
SlayerRondo said:
the2real4mafol said:
Yeah his country is the ultimate joke

I think the government of Korea is the bad part. North Korea has had a rich and long history over many years and just over one hundered years where the North Koreans have been at the mercy of the Japanese initialy and them the soviet union until gaining indepenance with a hereditory position of supreme leader being the end result. 

It is my hope that the Korean people, both North and South, so long divided due to the unjust interferance of outside powers, will be united under one government if both sides are willing, or both remain seperate nations but good friends.

I haven't been to either Korea but they are really the same in terms of people and culture. It's just crazy how politics can keep a people divided for so long, apparently North Koreans now have there own accent because of this isolation. Despite what the North's propaganda says, i do wonder whether it's people realise the true reality of it. You would think after all that famine, there would have been a coup. I expect it at somepoint, unfortunately North Korea's situation is hardly like East Germany's though. Few North Koreans ever escape and there is no opposition really.

But i think we all hope for a day when Korea becomes one and the Kim dynasty finally dies but i only see that happening if North Korea got destroyed in a war, which is very likely if China don't get involved. Saying that i hope stuff like the Arirang games would still happen if North Korea went, they look pretty awesome 

The fact that they've been apart so long and their culture begins to develop seperately does make me sceptical if a true, one Korea could exist but i still hope for it one day.

I really hope that it does have to come to a war between North Korea and others. I am hopefull that China's declining support for North Korea is relation to North Korea's action in recent years can force some change within North Korea. Without the support of China North Korea is truly isolated, and they only have themselves to blame for that.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
papamudd said:
Atheism in its root form is a negative. You can spin it however you like but it means you do not believe in a god or gods. And the word god is still in the definition... There is no affirmative way to say something like that... Maybe you could call yourself pragmatic?

Are you basically negative if you don't believe in tooth fairies? Or that the moon is made of cheese? Basically atheism is the neutral, and religion is sugar-coating the world. Nothing wrong with that, I only say atheism isn't negative.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Jay520 said:
Atheism doesn't need to be defended.

lol I see you in every religious thread.  And while you may not be defending it you seem to be very condescending to anybody who disagrees with you from what ive seen.  

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5321958

One of many comments or deabtes/arguments you have had about religion on this site.  Just going through that thread you can find a few from you.

bwhahahahaha!

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

outlawauron said:

You're starting to really intrigue me. The level of deflection (if not, is it delusion?) is very surprising.

What ever background or worldview you came from has to be unique. I truly can't fathom how someone can become so jaded and close-minded.

Jaded is not an adjective that describes me well at all. I think maybe you should look up that word.

Not sure why you're on my sack, especially in a thread in which I didn't care to discuss the topic (nor did you apparently).

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
Jay520 said:
Atheism doesn't need to be defended.

lol I see you in every religious thread.  And while you may not be defending it you seem to be very condescending to anybody who disagrees with you from what ive seen.  

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5321958

One of many comments or deabtes/arguments you have had about religion on this site.  Just going through that thread you can find a few from you.

Yes, I enjoy religious debates. So what?

Show me an example of condescension or stop making shit up.

@Mnementh "Are you basically negative if you don't believe in tooth fairies? Or that the moon is made of cheese? Basically atheism is the neutral, and religion is sugar-coating the world. Nothing wrong with that, I only say atheism isn't negative."

The word is a negative form. Just as saying "I don't believe in the tooth fairy" is in a negative tense. "The moon is made of cheese" I think would be a neutral statement, and the affirmative form would be "Yes the moon is made of cheese"

I was not meaning to imply that atheism is either wrong or right, but that the word itself is in a negative form. Theism would mean a belief in god or gods (affirmative form of theos meaning god) where as atheism would mean not/no belief in god or gods (negative form of theos)

I don't remember what I was exactly posting in response to originally, but it sounded funky to me semantically :p

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

also agnostic would be neutral where as a deity based religion would be an affirmative belief system, as opposed to not believing in any such being or beings being the negative. All in terms of semantics not right and wrong.

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

dsgrue3 said:
outlawauron said:

You're starting to really intrigue me. The level of deflection (if not, is it delusion?) is very surprising.

What ever background or worldview you came from has to be unique. I truly can't fathom how someone can become so jaded and close-minded.

Jaded is not an adjective that describes me well at all. I think maybe you should look up that word.

Not sure why you're on my sack, especially in a thread in which I didn't care to discuss the topic (nor did you apparently).

Who pissed in your cornflakes?

Jaded means exactly how I meant it in my sentence. You're incredibly cynical, so I'm curious what made you so. That's all my statement said.

I'm not really bothering you, but you pointing out you come off very similarly as the guy you made fun of in this thread.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

crissindahouse said:

i have some of them in my garden from time to time and all they do is eating every flower and digging deep holes to destroy the roots of everything. but yeah i still like them as well

You deserve points for patience.  Bunnies should not be trespassing, but they are little divas.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!