By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - How not to defend atheism

dsgrue3 said:
outlawauron said:
dsgrue3 said:
Who wears short shorts?
Lol.

That guy is exactly how I imagine you. Fits so well.

Edit: Meant more the yelling and hate, rather than whatever drugs he was hopped on.

I never yell. And I don't hate anyone/anything who/that isn't out to cause me bodily harm. 

I'm afraid you should stick to discussing what you know, instead of what you assume.

You're tone in posts comes across that way. I didn't literally mean you're yelling at people in the streets, but you come across that way. Much like Runa with posts.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:

You're tone in posts comes across that way. I didn't literally mean you're yelling at people in the streets, but you come across that way. Much like Runa with posts.

When one is behaving childishly, when someone else points it out, they tend to feel as though they've been yelled at so I understand why you feel that way at times.

Dr.Grass said:
Madword said:
I hate angry people - they never get anyone's symphony even if some of the things they are saying are correct.

Made milk come out my nose

Ok, not really, but it would've if I was drinking milk.

Hahah.... well sorry for your virtual milk. :)

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

dsgrue3 said:
outlawauron said:

When one is behaving childishly, when someone else points it out, they tend to feel as though they've been yelled at so I understand why you feel that way at times.

clam down boi.

Is that Chris Jericho....?

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Player1x3 said:
Jay520 said:
Player1x3 said:
Jay520 said:
Atheism doesn't need to be defended.

Atheism is only the default based on which definition of it you subscribe to.

The definition I use based on my social experiences with the phenomenon is a belief that there is/are no god(s) rather than a lack of belief in god(s).

The subtle distinction, for my point of view, plays a major role in shaping attitudes and active discussions about the topic, to the extent that atheism doesn't really qualify as a null claim but rather an alternate positive claim.

Of course you know which definition is the right definition, I presume?

There is no right defenition, its all subjective

Well, one definition is more official than the others. Are you telling me we can just change definitions as we please?

Read the first sentence of my post again.

Player1x3 said:

The definition you subscribe to has no impact on which definition is official.

Jay520 said:
Player1x3 said:

The definition you subscribe to has no impact on which definition is official.

...and the definition which is official has no impact on the definition which you subscribe to.''Official'' definition isn't the universal, objective one. I can find atheists that subscribe to either one of those definitions

Atheism in its root form is a negative. You can spin it however you like but it means you do not believe in a god or gods. And the word god is still in the definition... There is no affirmative way to say something like that... Maybe you could call yourself pragmatic?

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

dsgrue3 said:
outlawauron said:

You're starting to really intrigue me. The level of deflection (if not, is it delusion?) is very surprising.

What ever background or worldview you came from has to be unique. I truly can't fathom how someone can become so jaded and close-minded.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.