By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 FW sales

tbone51 said:

So its this.... I win if over [Japan=87k] [Europe=54k] [US=78k]. If you understand then bets on! Remember its just one bet! So the person to get 2 right wins but if they get all 3 they get an extra month! good luck! Funny thing is each come out seperate weeks

What did we say about your gambling problem tbone?

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Mythmaker1 said:

I don't have a whole lot of confidence in my numbers, but I might as well put my money where my mouth is.

On the condition that I add 5K from my "rest of world" to my US total (I fudged the numbers  a bit so I could get round figures for those two values), I'm good for it. 

So its this.... I win if over [Japan=87k] [Europe=54k] [US=78k]. If you understand then bets on! Remember its just one bet! So the person to get 2 right wins but if they get all 3 they get an extra month! good luck! Funny thing is each come out seperate weeks

Actually, if over [Japan=87k] [Europe=54k] [US=75k], then you win (since all I wanted was for my estimate of 40K to be 45K).

And to be clear, these would be physical retail-sold units, not +digital or shipped figures. So as they appear on this site. Of course, since these games release on different days of the week, during 3 separate weeks, it might get a bit confusing.

Anyway, if everything is settled, then it's a bet.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Looks like just about everyone agrees 200-300k WW.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I'm not really confident about this one. I have a feeling it will be a massive bomb in Europe.

170K FW.

110K.

Around the Network
Mythmaker1 said:
tbone51 said:
Mythmaker1 said:

I don't have a whole lot of confidence in my numbers, but I might as well put my money where my mouth is.

On the condition that I add 5K from my "rest of world" to my US total (I fudged the numbers  a bit so I could get round figures for those two values), I'm good for it. 

Actually, if over [Japan=87k] [Europe=54k] [US=75k], then you win (since all I wanted was for my estimate of 40K to be 45K).

And to be clear, these would be physical retail-sold units, not +digital or shipped figures. So as they appear on this site. Of course, since these games release on different days of the week, during 3 separate weeks, it might get a bit confusing.

accepted! good luck!

~

Edit: Quote tree shortened by TruckOSaurus - Please refer to this post for Quote Tree Guidelines http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5379187 

300K FW
90K Japan
100K EU
110K US

I wont buy it...not quite my thing...but...

Doesn't this game just make you wish that Nintendo remade a Lemmings game in this style?

Mythmaker1 said:
tbone51 said:
Mythmaker1 said:

I'm more confident in your numbers than tbone's, but I hope he wins. ~_~

Pikmin wasn't really that popular on the 'Cube, but I could see this being the best selling Pikmin game now that the IP has gotten more exposure through SSB and Nintendoland.

Also guys, remember that you have to consider a certain percentage of sales will be digital, meaning they can't be tracked.

~

Edit: Quote tree shortened by TruckOSaurus - Please refer to this post for Quote Tree Guidelines http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5379187 

burninmylight said:

I'm more confident in your numbers than tbone's, but I hope he wins. ~_~

Pikmin wasn't really that popular on the 'Cube, but I could see this being the best selling Pikmin game now that the IP has gotten more exposure through SSB and Nintendoland.

Also guys, remember that you have to consider a certain percentage of sales will be digital, meaning they can't be tracked.

I certainly expect sales to be marginally better, though it's hard to say. Sales data for Pikmin 3 has been a bit difficult to track down.

As it stands, I calculated equivalent Japanese sales from Pikmin 2 attach rates, gave them a 10% boost, and then extrapolated for US and Europe from sales distribution. I also gave Europe a bit of a boost, just because.

As far as digital goes, we agreed to set aside digital sales for the purposes of our estimations. I don't know how much of an effect it will have, in any case.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.