By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pikmin 3 FW sales

I'd guess
90K America
100K Japan
25K Europe
225K WW
I don't know why but I just don't see it doing well in Europe hope it does well though!

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6500-8732

Around the Network

100K JP
110K US
50K EU

~ 250-260K WW first week.

I don't really know but I will throw a number... 200k WW in the first week, but I think it will do better.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Somewhere between 250-300k would be a reasonable estimate imo

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

It's been almost a decade since the last new console release, and with the factors affecting the Wii U, accurately predicting sales has to be almost impossible......

149K, first week, world-wide.
Japan: 54K
Europe: 35K
US: 50K
RoW: 10K

Edit: For the record, I know this is going to be wrong, it's just my best guess.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Around the Network

90k America
48k EU
85k Japan

223k overall

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Mythmaker1 said:
It's been almost a decade since the last new console release, and with the factors affecting the Wii U, accurately predicting sales has to be almost impossible......

139K, first week, world-wide.
US: 40K

whatttttt! your really under estimating Pikmin 3! Lego City got around 100k FW in US im pretty sure Pikmin a 1st party and the only one release will do better! Also Nintendo hyping up pikmin!

tbone51 said:
Mythmaker1 said:

whatttttt! your really under estimating Pikmin 3! Lego City got around 100k FW in US im pretty sure Pikmin a 1st party and the only one release will do better! Also Nintendo hyping up pikmin!

Lego is a pretty big name here in the US gaming market. Pikmin, not so much. As it stands, my prediction is 50% higher than that of the original pikmin's release, and about a third of the release of NSMBU, which I think is fairly reasonable.

Also, 120K in Japan (your prediction) would mean an attach rate of 12% the first week. Pikmin might be popular in Japan, but I doubt it's popular enough to outsell last week's total WiiU software sales 13 times over.

I believe in honesty, civility, generosity, practicality, and impartiality.

Whatever the numbers are, I hope they're big enough for Nintendo to start taking the series seriously.

People complain about too many Mario games? I would KILL for "too many Pikmin games."

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

Mythmaker1 said:
tbone51 said:
Mythmaker1 said:

Lego is a pretty big name here in the US gaming market. Pikmin, not so much. As it stands, my prediction is 50% higher than that of the original pikmin's release, and about a third of the release of NSMBU, which I think is fairly reasonable.

Also, 120K in Japan (your prediction) would mean an attach rate of 12% the first week. Pikmin might be popular in Japan, but I doubt it's popular enough to outsell last week's total WiiU software sales 13 times over.

Pikmin 3 will do minumum of 70k in Japan. Anyway Nintendo will be promoting it and with Miyamoto going crazy for this game (hyping it up) we can see it do well and hopefully over 100k FW. Now for US, it should do good! A first party title namely a game that hasn't had a release in almost a decade should do very well. Much more than you predicted for sure! Minumum 90k FW Maximum 200k!