By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Is A Day One Purchase.. But PS4 Can Wait

radha said:
Zappykins said:
radha said:
Zappykins said:

And you are not looking at the whole picture.  Perhaps it is just a bit beyond your current levels?

Well is an excellent moment for giving a technical explamantion, that way you can show you expertise.

I have already explained it numerous times.  He doesn't want an answer, just to say whatever it is he thinks he is saying.

Clearly, if you had a point or something to add to the thread you would have made one.

ill try again then, your argument that the GDDR5 ram is a bottle neck is BS, here 

"As AnandTech points out, Sony’s approach with the PS4 SoC was to use a 256-bit wide GDDR5 memory interface running somewhere around a 5.5GHz datarate, delivering peak memory bandwidth of 176GB/s. The Xbox One motherboard reveals Micron DDR3-2133 DRAM on board (16 x 16-bit DDR3 devices to be exact). A little math gives us 68.3GB/s of bandwidth to system memory. At any given moment, the PS4 commands an additional 107.7GB/s bandwidth. "

Whole article here

http://www.sonyrumors.net/2013/05/27/why-the-ps4-is-50-more-powerful-than-xbox-one/

Edit: I had a point all the time, but since you are so arrogant i gave you the chance to prove that you are the only person the knows about elenctronics in the internetz (or at least the most knowlegable), as you seem to imply/think

Well, if you read my original post you would understand what I have several other have said.  Which could be why Sony is having a lot of trouble running the PS4 games up to a nice frame rate.  Believe me, if I really thought the PS4 was a better machines, I might consider purchasing it. (chuckles hysterically.)

If you are going to spam fail an Xbox One thread, can you at least add some pretty pictures?  How about a nice pony running on the beach, or a happy starfish.  Never get enough happy starfishes.

For the record, I'm not arrogant, I just happen to be right most all of the time.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
g911turbo said:
F0X said:
I don't buy consoles at day one anymore. Too many problems and too few games.

If Project Spark turns out great and Xbone gets a nice price drop in the next couple years, I'll probably get it. But Wii U and PS4 are definitely coming first, since X and Infamous: Second Son will be out far before Xbone becomes a logical purchase for me.

I second the bold above.  Maybe to resell, but I might as well come back a year later when they release some bundles to stay competitive.

All 3 consoles have a decent amount of games this time around. I suppose that's one less issue!

Unfortunately, almost none of the PS4/Xbone/Wii U games I'm very interested in will be released very close to launch. The same thing happened with Wii U once some major "launch window" games were delayed into the fall - such as Pikmin 3, Rayman Legends, and The Wonderful 101.

I'd like to get Wii U by the end of this year and make Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze my first game, which is perfect because Donkey Kong Country Returns was the game that finally made me break down and buy a Wii. After that I'll be setting aside some money for PS4 and hopefully buy it along with Infamous before next summer. As for Xbone, I need more information on its games (preferably release dates). Now that Microsoft backtracked on certain policies, I think it'll be a good (albiet expensive) system with much more diverse, worthwhile exclusives than 360 by a country mile.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Okay there buddy....okay there

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ironmanDX said:
sales2099 said:
The PS4 can wait.

We need more threads like this. Don't be scared and bend to the current status quo.

Ya, i know it must "not compute" with PS fans to see threads like this but hey, its how people feel.

You getting a X1 day one?

No, but that's because I am inherently not a early aqdopter.

I didn't buy a 360 until the Elite came out in April 2007. I usually wait for the first price cut/redesign before I take the plunge.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

OP: Good for you, I disagree though, I've never bought a console on launch day or even in the first year on the market. Hardware is more unstable, few good games and the ones that are available are first gen and often boring or weak compared to later releases, price is terribly high both for hardware and software.

No, I see no reason to buy any console on day one.

Around the Network

Good luck, OP, on convincing your Xbox friends to fork out an extra $100!!!

ronco2000 said:
Good luck, OP, on convincing your Xbox friends to fork out an extra $100!!!

Extra $100? It's gaming. It's all extra.

sales2099 said:
ironmanDX said:

You getting a X1 day one?

No, but that's because I am inherently not a early aqdopter.

I didn't buy a 360 until the Elite came out in April 2007. I usually wait for the first price cut/redesign before I take the plunge.

I thought about waiting... I couldn't. I pre-ordered even before the first "xbox reveal". Lol! Probably a better idea to wait though.

I'm day one XB1. I think it has more to offer.

Zappykins said:
radha said:
Zappykins said:
radha said:
Zappykins said:

And you are not looking at the whole picture.  Perhaps it is just a bit beyond your current levels?

Well is an excellent moment for giving a technical explamantion, that way you can show you expertise.

I have already explained it numerous times.  He doesn't want an answer, just to say whatever it is he thinks he is saying.

Clearly, if you had a point or something to add to the thread you would have made one.

ill try again then, your argument that the GDDR5 ram is a bottle neck is BS, here 

"As AnandTech points out, Sony’s approach with the PS4 SoC was to use a 256-bit wide GDDR5 memory interface running somewhere around a 5.5GHz datarate, delivering peak memory bandwidth of 176GB/s. The Xbox One motherboard reveals Micron DDR3-2133 DRAM on board (16 x 16-bit DDR3 devices to be exact). A little math gives us 68.3GB/s of bandwidth to system memory. At any given moment, the PS4 commands an additional 107.7GB/s bandwidth. "

Whole article here

http://www.sonyrumors.net/2013/05/27/why-the-ps4-is-50-more-powerful-than-xbox-one/

Edit: I had a point all the time, but since you are so arrogant i gave you the chance to prove that you are the only person the knows about elenctronics in the internetz (or at least the most knowlegable), as you seem to imply/think

Well, if you read my original post you would understand what I have several other have said.  Which could be why Sony is having a lot of trouble running the PS4 games up to a nice frame rate.  Believe me, if I really thought the PS4 was a better machines, I might consider purchasing it. (chuckles hysterically.)

If you are going to spam fail an Xbox One thread, can you at least add some pretty pictures?  How about a nice pony running on the beach, or a happy starfish.  Never get enough happy starfishes.

For the record, I'm not arrogant, I just happen to be right most all of the time.

ok

1) MS says they dont have the best graphics 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560535

2) Xbone games at E3 where running on PCs, ps4 games on actual consoles, existing evidence points to that, there is no evidence that they ran on actual Xbone, if you bring the argument that those PC are dev kits, is a lie since, those PCs had nvidia cards and the Xbone has AMD cars which means developers dont have a similar  low level interface to the hardware.

3) rumor on the web is that the xbox will be in limited supply because MS screw the memory design.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=576869

And with ill leave you alone, is true i should not be spamming a Xbone thread, but the title is trolling ps4, but anyway you are right on that part.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection