By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Is A Day One Purchase.. But PS4 Can Wait

Xöne will wait

Around the Network

Actually its the Xbone which can wait.

Actually, No. The PS4 can wait.

Is that what the thread asks? LOL @ the last couple of responses.

Viltsu300 said:
Xöne will wait

No u ;)

It's just that simple.

The op isn't the original work of the poster

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network

The PS4 can wait.

We need more threads like this. Don't be scared and bend to the current status quo.

Ya, i know it must "not compute" with PS fans to see threads like this but hey, its how people feel.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Zappykins said:
radha said:
Zappykins said:
radha said:
Zappykins said:
Goatseye said:
Zappykins said:
I have to give credit to Sony trying, with that nice graphics card and all. But the massive latency in GDDR5, when the CPU tries to use it as regular ram, seems like they pulled another ‘cell blooper’ all over again. Not talking about a little latency either, but 7-10 times DDR3.

Why don't you enlighten this tech semi-ignorant peasant that doesn't know the advantages of both type of ram(DDR3 & GDDR5) over each other in a closed and optimized gaming platform.

Think of it as like putting a big engine in a car, then putting in a weak transmission.  The limiting factor of the transmission will limit the acceleration. 

Or a giant big stadium, where there is just two small doors to get inside.  Everyone has to wait in long lines to get in an out of the stadium.  Plenty of room inside, but a pain to get in and out.

It's the old saying, "A chain is only as strong as the weakest link.  As if that fails, it doesn't matter how hard strong the rest of the chain is."

your crappy argument is crap

"The PS4 memory system allocates around 20,000MB/s for the CPU of its total 176,000MB/s"

"the DDR3 of Xbox One is rated at around 68,000MB/s"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

And you are not looking at the whole picture.  Perhaps it is just a bit beyond your current levels?

Well is an excellent moment for giving a technical explamantion, that way you can show you expertise.

I have already explained it numerous times.  He doesn't want an answer, just to say whatever it is he thinks he is saying.

Clearly, if you had a point or something to add to the thread you would have made one.

ill try again then, your argument that the GDDR5 ram is a bottle neck is BS, here 

"As AnandTech points out, Sony’s approach with the PS4 SoC was to use a 256-bit wide GDDR5 memory interface running somewhere around a 5.5GHz datarate, delivering peak memory bandwidth of 176GB/s. The Xbox One motherboard reveals Micron DDR3-2133 DRAM on board (16 x 16-bit DDR3 devices to be exact). A little math gives us 68.3GB/s of bandwidth to system memory. At any given moment, the PS4 commands an additional 107.7GB/s bandwidth. "

Whole article here

http://www.sonyrumors.net/2013/05/27/why-the-ps4-is-50-more-powerful-than-xbox-one/

Edit: I had a point all the time, but since you are so arrogant i gave you the chance to prove that you are the only person the knows about elenctronics in the internetz (or at least the most knowlegable), as you seem to imply/think

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

sales2099 said:
The PS4 can wait.

We need more threads like this. Don't be scared and bend to the current status quo.

Ya, i know it must "not compute" with PS fans to see threads like this but hey, its how people feel.

You getting a X1 day one?

F0X said:
I don't buy consoles at day one anymore. Too many problems and too few games.

If Project Spark turns out great and Xbone gets a nice price drop in the next couple years, I'll probably get it. But Wii U and PS4 are definitely coming first, since X and Infamous: Second Son will be out far before Xbone becomes a logical purchase for me.

I second the bold above.  Maybe to resell, but I might as well come back a year later when they release some bundles to stay competitive.

g911turbo said:
F0X said:
I don't buy consoles at day one anymore. Too many problems and too few games.

If Project Spark turns out great and Xbone gets a nice price drop in the next couple years, I'll probably get it. But Wii U and PS4 are definitely coming first, since X and Infamous: Second Son will be out far before Xbone becomes a logical purchase for me.

I second the bold above.  Maybe to resell, but I might as well come back a year later when they release some bundles to stay competitive.

All 3 consoles have a decent amount of games this time around. I suppose that's one less issue!