By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Is A Day One Purchase.. But PS4 Can Wait

Read this for a spin off also.

http://www.hardocp.com/news/2013/06/15/xbox_one_demos_running_on_nvidia_hardware63/

Around the Network
Wagram said:
II found this a little bit later in the day, and after reading that Live was so much better then PS Plus in this article, I had to post it.

Ontop of the 21 already free titles you get this month alone, people also can get this. Japanese or not

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/22/ps3-free-games-japanese-playstation-plus/

152 free Japanese games for 15 days.

but yeah...Halo 3 and Assassins Creed 2...sweeet deal bro. (shame that this system ends on dec 31)

good luck playing those "meh" games after your subscription runs out...

DeadBigfoot21 said:
Wagram said:
II found this a little bit later in the day, and after reading that Live was so much better then PS Plus in this article, I had to post it.

Ontop of the 21 already free titles you get this month alone, people also can get this. Japanese or not

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/06/22/ps3-free-games-japanese-playstation-plus/

152 free Japanese games for 15 days.

but yeah...Halo 3 and Assassins Creed 2...sweeet deal bro. (shame that this system ends on dec 31)

good luck playing those "meh" games after your subscription runs out...

The games Sony give out are far from "meh." True not every title is a blockbuster, but that's besides the point. 152 free titles ontop of 21 titles this month. PS Plus is definitely worth it for this alone, doesn't even need multiplayer in it to be a good deal.

"My opinion is better then your opinion!!"

Nobody truly has any beneficial reasons to get an xbox one over a playstation 4, other than fanboyism. TRUTH.

Around the Network
I LOVE GIGGS said:

• Kinect is mandatory: the fact that everyone will own the souped up motion controller means it might finally be able to reach its full potential.
  • The controller is king: Xbox controller is arguably one of the best ever.
  • Innovation: Although it's now canned, the DRM meant that discs weren't needed after the initial install and all your games could be played on another Xbox. Not only that but the (also defunct) Family Share feature would have slashed costs for households and allowed you to nominate 10 "family members" to access your library. It shows, at least, that Microsoft is trying to innovate and drag us into the digital era.
  • HDMI In: Watching the televised football while hacking zombies to death would be great.
  • Xbox Live still trumps PS+: PlayStation Plus is now mandatory to play online so the whole argument about the exorbitant cost of Live has been watered down somewhat.
  • The games look great: Sony's exclusives didn't show such a great leap forward from current gen titles for me.

Xbox and PlayStation owners can rest assured, however, that whichever system they opt for, this generation is shaping up nicely. For me, it's the Xbone that's going to be first out the box - purely because its promise and potential seems far greater. The PS4 can wait.

Full Article: http://www.megabitsofgaming.com/2013/06/xbox-one-is-day-one-purchase-but-ps4.html

Loved that you use cut features, aka. things that arn't in the final product. as selling points for you :P
To ilustrate how weird this is:
"This computer could have been faster if it had more RAM than it has right now. That's why I'm gonna buy it"
Makes no sense at all :P

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Goatseye said:
veritaz said:
Goatseye said:

That's why I went with Xbox 360 this gen.

Sony at times feel so generic with it's games and console.

Uncharted-Tomb Raider/Gears

LBP- Mario/Mario Kart

PS All Stars- Super Smash Bros

Killzone, Resistance were presented as Halo killer.

Play Station Network is always catching and and miming XBL etc...

That's just my opinion. Wii/360

That's odd, I see Microsoft as the ones trying to catch up and mimicking. They had a very poor showing of exclusives on 360 the past 4 years, like they didn't even exist compared to Sony exclusives. They also are trying to finally copy PS+ to justify charging for online. Oh and uncharted has absolutely nothing in common with gears except that they are both 3rd person shooters. But again that is also my opinion on why I prefer PS3 by a heavy margin even though I own a 360.

Yes they are somewhat copying Sony in with PS+ but they went beyond that. You can still play the games after Live subscription run out, can't say that about PS+ because you're just being leased a service.

Gears and Uncharted have somewhat a similar type of gun play due to being 3rd person shooter. But Gears gunplay is far more advanced because Uncharted is more story driven.

I don't understand you guys obsession with exclusives as they are relative to peoples' taste and they're not automatically better than 3rd party games.

And Xbox doesn't feel generic when there only franchises that meet critical acclaim are shooters and racers? Meanwhile Sony offers a variety of games across different genres to much critical appraise? 

Just because LBP is a platformer it's generic cause Mario is a platformer? Uncharted and Gears have nothing in common but the genres, and yet that makes Uncharted generic because it shares the same genre as Gears?

Despite how they were presented Killzone and Resistance are both great FPS's. 

What about Beyond: Two Souls, Journey, INfamous, Beyond: Two Souls, Puppeteer, Sly Cooper, and The Last Of Us, are all of those generic because there' are games before it that compete int he same genre?

Meanwhile you have Fable, Gears, Halo, and Forza, One RPG, two shooters, and a racing game, and yet the PS3's library is generic?...There's a difference between opinion and blatant facts. 

Daisuke72 said:

And Xbox doesn't feel generic when there only franchises that meet critical acclaim are shooters and racers? Meanwhile Sony offers a variety of games across different genres to much critical appraise? 

Just because LBP is a platformer it's generic cause Mario is a platformer? Uncharted and Gears have nothing in common but the genres, and yet that makes Uncharted generic because it shares the same genre as Gears?

What about Beyond: Two Souls, Journey, INfamous, Beyond: Two Souls, Puppeteer, Sly Cooper, and The Last Of Us, are all of those generic because there' are games before it that compete int he same genre?

Meanwhile you have Fable, Gears, Halo, and Forza, One RPG, two shooters, and a racing game, and yet the PS3's library is generic?...There's a difference between opinion and blatant facts. 

Facts? You forgot Kameo, Crackdown, bunch of critical acclaimed arcade games that are just being adopted on PS Network.

Have you played B: Two Souls? Ok. And I don't like cinematic games, I like to play games not look at graphics.I like to interact with games.

A racing game uh? I guess PGR is not a racing game. And Forza not worth mentioning although it's the best rated series this gen.

One RPG? I guess, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia(?) are not RPG.

XBLArcade must be on Nintendo or something.

LBP Kart is not generic. It's original.

Uncharted is original. Introduced puzzle solving, treasure hunting and a gun toting character running around the world.

Your say opinion are facts I never claimed that.

Goatseye said:
Daisuke72 said:

Facts? You forgot Kameo, Crackdown, bunch of critical acclaimed arcade games that are just being adopted on PS Network.

Have you played B: Two Souls? Ok. And I don't like cinematic games, I like to play games not look at graphics.I like to interact with games.

A racing game uh? I guess PGR is not a racing game. And Forza not worth mentioning although it's the best rated series this gen.

One RPG? I guess, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia(?) are not RPG.

XBLArcade must be on Nintendo or something.

LBP Kart is not generic. It's original.

Uncharted is original. Introduced puzzle solving, treasure hunting and a gun toting character running around the world.

Your say opinion are facts I never claimed that.

I was naming the popular Xbox 360 exclusives, not the ones that're for the most part one shots or discontnued and with that said none of them got that good critical acclaim or good sales for that matter. 

What I'm saying is that your logic is flawed, that a game is generic because there's other games in the genre, such as the Gears and Mario argument, the same could be applied to Xbox 360 exclusives but your bias simply wouldn't allow it.

I never said you saw your opinion as facts, what I said was that Playstation has a wider variety of exclusives across different genres that have met better critical acclaim, that's a fact, and for you to call them generic for the reasons you have make no sense whatsoever. 

I think myself, and the majority of gamers will get a PS4 first due to price. Even today, $499 is pretty steep. I'd rather get the cheaper console first, then wait for the inevitable price drops to pick up an Xbone.