By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Is A Day One Purchase.. But PS4 Can Wait

Skrunch-a-tron said:
Nobody truly has any beneficial reasons to get an xbox one over a playstation 4, other than fanboyism. TRUTH.

Sarcasm?

Ryse, Forza 4 (and future Forza games), Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Halo, Crimson Dragon aka Panzer Dragoon Spirtual Successor, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3,Qunatum Break, D4 or whatever It's called, COD and BF4 timed DLC.

It always comes down to games.

If you own all systems, just like last gen, your the real winner (and probably wealthy lol).

It's just that simple.

Around the Network
radha said:
Zappykins said:
Goatseye said:
Zappykins said:
I have to give credit to Sony trying, with that nice graphics card and all. But the massive latency in GDDR5, when the CPU tries to use it as regular ram, seems like they pulled another ‘cell blooper’ all over again. Not talking about a little latency either, but 7-10 times DDR3.

Why don't you enlighten this tech semi-ignorant peasant that doesn't know the advantages of both type of ram(DDR3 & GDDR5) over each other in a closed and optimized gaming platform.

Think of it as like putting a big engine in a car, then putting in a weak transmission.  The limiting factor of the transmission will limit the acceleration. 

Or a giant big stadium, where there is just two small doors to get inside.  Everyone has to wait in long lines to get in an out of the stadium.  Plenty of room inside, but a pain to get in and out.

It's the old saying, "A chain is only as strong as the weakest link.  As if that fails, it doesn't matter how hard strong the rest of the chain is."

your crappy argument is crap

"The PS4 memory system allocates around 20,000MB/s for the CPU of its total 176,000MB/s"

"the DDR3 of Xbox One is rated at around 68,000MB/s"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-in-theory-can-xbox-one-cloud-transform-gaming

And you are not looking at the whole picture.  Perhaps it is just a bit beyond your current levels?

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

No motion gaming for me, thanks. Not even Sony cared enough to add Move controllers this time around, and the Eye seems like it would be ideal to track your controller and to have video chat, which of course, is why it's Optional.

MonstaMack said:
Skrunch-a-tron said:
Nobody truly has any beneficial reasons to get an xbox one over a playstation 4, other than fanboyism. TRUTH.

Sarcasm?

Ryse, Forza 4 (and future Forza games), Killer Instinct, Titanfall, Halo, Crimson Dragon aka Panzer Dragoon Spirtual Successor, Sunset Overdrive, Dead Rising 3,Qunatum Break, D4 or whatever It's called, COD and BF4 timed DLC.

It always comes down to games.

If you own all systems, just like last gen, your the real winner (and probably wealthy lol).

Well, I was thinking more along price and hardware. But if you wanna talk games... Let's see, what do we have. Infamous Second Son, Killzone Shadow fall, Knack, Drive Club, The order 1886, and Deep Down, form what we know. NOT to mention the next gen titles coming from Naughty dog, Quantic Dream, etc. I can trust those guys with making great games. The games I have listed here are, I'm sure, plenty capable of compensating for any xbox one exclusives the ps4 doesn't get.

veritaz said:
Goatseye said:

That's why I went with Xbox 360 this gen.

Sony at times feel so generic with it's games and console.

Uncharted-Tomb Raider/Gears

LBP- Mario/Mario Kart

PS All Stars- Super Smash Bros

Killzone, Resistance were presented as Halo killer.

Play Station Network is always catching and and miming XBL etc...

That's just my opinion. Wii/360

That's odd, I see Microsoft as the ones trying to catch up and mimicking. They had a very poor showing of exclusives on 360 the past 4 years, like they didn't even exist compared to Sony exclusives. They also are trying to finally copy PS+ to justify charging for online. Oh and uncharted has absolutely nothing in common with gears except that they are both 3rd person shooters. But again that is also my opinion on why I prefer PS3 by a heavy margin even though I own a 360.

Well, to each their own.  Must be great to have all systems.   I have a Wii, but I don’t play it so much anymore as the lack of HD is a bit too harsh.   And I played all the games I loved already.

It does look by having their 'free game giveaway' that they are copying the PS+.  And I don't mind at all.  Although, it is a little different in that you get to keep the game forever. 

Are you aware that Sony came out with the PlayStation to compete and take business directly from Nintendo (Gaming) and Microsoft DirectX (Windows Gaming)?  This is in Sony's own words.  And they were amazingly successful, well on the first two.

But hey, I don't mind.  As we the consumer and gamers benefit.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
I LOVE GIGGS said:

• Kinect is mandatory: the fact that everyone will own the souped up motion controller means it might finally be able to reach its full potential.
  • The controller is king: Xbox controller is arguably one of the best ever.
  • Innovation: Although it's now canned, the DRM meant that discs weren't needed after the initial install and all your games could be played on another Xbox. Not only that but the (also defunct) Family Share feature would have slashed costs for households and allowed you to nominate 10 "family members" to access your library. It shows, at least, that Microsoft is trying to innovate and drag us into the digital era.
  • HDMI In: Watching the televised football while hacking zombies to death would be great.
  • Xbox Live still trumps PS+: PlayStation Plus is now mandatory to play online so the whole argument about the exorbitant cost of Live has been watered down somewhat.
  • The games look great: Sony's exclusives didn't show such a great leap forward from current gen titles for me.

Xbox and PlayStation owners can rest assured, however, that whichever system they opt for, this generation is shaping up nicely. For me, it's the Xbone that's going to be first out the box - purely because its promise and potential seems far greater. The PS4 can wait.

Full Article: http://www.megabitsofgaming.com/2013/06/xbox-one-is-day-one-purchase-but-ps4.html

1; The full potential of a piece of crap is crap. No getting around it.

2; PS4 controler has been dramatically improved since that last.

3;They don't derverse props for trying to implement unpopular policy and then cowering away from them.

4: So does the PS4.

5: PS+ has been offering a better deal then Xbox Live for months now. It's Xbox One's turn to catch up.

6: What game's look great exclusively for them. Ryse? A generic quick time event piece of crap?

Also enjoy the Xbox One turning out like the Xbox 360 where they just gave up trying years ago to provide cool exclusives.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Zappykins said:
Yes, I think that new controller will probably be the best one made yet for any gaming system.

Plus who knows if they can even pull off that backwards compatibility with Gaki? Just this week they couldn't even pull off an upgrade without bricking a number of people's consoles, I have a wait and see on that promised backwards compatibly.

The current Kinect it amazing, the fact that they have more than double down and make it more than twice as powerful is exciting.

Most everyone that I have spoken too that has tried both systems like the Xbox One better.

I have to give credit to Sony trying, with that nice graphics card and all. But the massive latency in GDDR5, when the CPU tries to use it as regular ram, seems like they pulled another ‘cell blooper’ all over again. Not talking about a little latency either, but 7-10 times DDR3.

GDDR5 has higher latency but easily makes up for it with the higher bandwidth, and also note that GDDR5 isn't good at multi-tasking at all, but then again it's NEVER been tested for system resources yet, and the latecny only affects the CPU, now lets put this in perspective.

A 512MB GDDR5 card will outperform a 1GB DDR3 card, albeit slightly.

PS4 will hae 7GB GDDR5 vs 5GB DDR3. The PS4's CPU will take a hit from the latency from the GDDR5, but it makes up for it with the superior GPU which is capable of handling proccesses the CPU would normally handle, and let's not forget that the CPU's in both consoles are low powered, rather weak CPUs to begin with, hence offloading to the superior GPU IF the latency affected performance, which it WILL make for up for in since GDDR5 is better for gaming. So your point...is moot.

It's clear to see that you obviously saw someone post that elsewhere and you used it for your argument, wherever it was sourced from, they're wrong. 

shadow_satey said:
No motion gaming for me, thanks. Not even Sony cared enough to add Move controllers this time around, and the Eye seems like it would be ideal to track your controller and to have video chat, which of course, is why it's Optional.

Why don't you try Kinect.  Although to be fair, Microsoft hasn't shown much at all for the Xbox One and Kinect 2.0.

But I hear people enjoyed playing Disney's Fantasia Music Evolved from Harmonix at E3.   For the curious - http://screen.yahoo.com/fantasia-music-evolved-announcement-trailer-203735158.html

Tell me a funny joke!

Daisuke72 said:

I was naming the popular Xbox 360 exclusives, not the ones that're for the most part one shots or discontnued and with that said none of them got that good critical acclaim or good sales for that matter. 

What I'm saying is that your logic is flawed, that a game is generic because there's other games in the genre, such as the Gears and Mario argument, the same could be applied to Xbox 360 exclusives but your bias simply wouldn't allow it.

I never said you saw your opinion as facts, what I said was that Playstation has a wider variety of exclusives across different genres that have met better critical acclaim, that's a fact, and for you to call them generic for the reasons you have make no sense whatsoever. 

No, do you understand what I'm saying or you're acting a fool? Uncharted, you want it or not, is a copy of Tomb Raider. Treasure hunting, puzzle solving, main character modeled to show sexual appeal( for the ladies this time) and survival type of gun toting(scarce ammo). Generic = not original. Doesn't mean it's not good.

And also don't compare Xbox 360 games sales with PS3. You'll be trounced.

Now you're gonna try to tell me that LBP Kart is original. And a platformer game spinned off into a Karting game is original.

PS All-Stars is also original too, right?

Don't read and perceive only what you want. You see Xbox as first partyless platform, I see Play Station as a generic farm platform.

Our opinions differ that's all, I'm not offending your parents or your honor.

Th3PANO said:
"My opinion is better then your opinion!!"