By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cliffy B: Sony forced Microsoft's hand, not the internet whining

Outspoken games dev Cliff Bleszinski has said that Sony, not the angry internet, was the driving force behindMicrosoft’s spectacular U-turn last night.

“Sony forced Microsoft's hand, not the internet whining,” he wrote on Twitter. “At the end of the day many hardcore dislike what was attempted. You can't do well in that space with many of your core unhappy. Especially when users have a choice. The nature of capitalism encourages competition and Sony played into that.

Cliffy B, a vocal defender of Microsoft’s online ambitions for Xbox One, also warned that there will consequences due to the decision.

“Brace yourselves. More tacked on multiplayer and DLC are coming,” he added. “You're also about to see available microtransactions skyrocket. HATS FOR EVERYONE. You're going to see digital versions of your favourite games with added features and content to lure you to digital over disc based.

“I have seen the number of unique gamer tags vs actual sales numbers and it ain't pretty. More studios WILL close and you'll see more PC and mobile games. I want developers who worked their asses off to see money on every copy of their game that is sold instead of Gamestop. Fuck me, right?”

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/cliffy-b-sony-forced-microsoft-s-hand-not-the-internet-whining/0117423

Around the Network

He is entitled to his own opinion I guess.

This guy needs to take that MS rod out of his ass. I liked him better when he just talked about Gears of War and just stfu after that. 

Does everyone who agrees with Microsoft have to sound like a corporate American puppet?

The DLC model as shown by Killer Instinct on the Xbox was already meant to expand so oooooooOOOOOOH you really scareeeeed me now Cliffy! Imprending doom making me shiver in all the right places. Even with the DRM DLC was still going to expand. You think taking our rights was going to stop them from putting out DLC? Dumb fuck....you must really like being in bed with Microsoft.

yeah he is getting annoying now

I LOVE GIGGS said:

" I want developers who worked their asses off to see money on every copy of their game that is sold instead of Gamestop."

They're entitled to get paid for every copy.

They're not  entitled to get paid more than once per copy.

Around the Network

And those heavily one-sided preorders, I guess.

Die in a fire, CliffyB.

I don't really get the distinction he is making.

If the internet hadn't whined then MS would have assumed the differences between their policies and Sony's policies were immaterial to most gamers and continued on their merry way with DRM.

I fucking hate this clown.

I will not be buying any of his games if this is the attitude he wants to have towards his paying customer base.

Does he not understand that if I buy a copy of his game, than it is mine. Not his, but MINE. If I wish to sell it the money goes to me, not HIM. Why? Because it is MINE.

He sells us a product and then we buy it. That's it, end of story. He or other devs get nothing else after that. Want to then try to nickel and dime us to try to squeeze more money out of us to support your bloated dev costs? Go ahead. Be careful though, if you go too far it will bite you in the ass.

This clown has no issues biting the hand that feeds him it seems.

I hope he crashes and burns. (Not in the literal sense meaning I actually want him to get into a crash and burn his body )

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

He needs to stick to what he is good at, jerking off and making games. Not speaking stupid shit.

he is wrong... if no one did "the internet whining" MS wouldn't change like they did... blaming sony for this is silly, at best...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4