By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to Pull Complete Reversal on Xbox One DRM Policies..

The damage has already been done though. Wouldn't this make them look even worse? Just a few days ago they were saying how always-connected is the future. It's ridiculous how much of a mess the Xbox One is at the moment.

It's a win for gamers if true though.

Around the Network

So was a hifi website the first one to mention it or ign, seems very strange if it was a hifi sigh.

I would be very surprised if this was the case, it would be a massive turnaround if so. If they truly believe in their cloud/system and their so called future proof system, then why change. If they did it would suggest they were wrong.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

disolitude said:
Munkeh111 said:
disolitude said:
This is so fake lol...

Yeah, it's not like they didn't expect these reactions, they got them all at their reveal event, there is no way that they are going to reverse this

It just doesn't align with Microsofts overall strategy to reverse this...like at all. Apple and Android will rape them sideways few years from now if they don't go all digital.

They don't need to force digital, everybody is trending that way anyways with bigger and bigger hard drives, which is exactly what made this whole thing silly to begin with.

I'll believe it when more sites or MS make the same anouncements. Right now I suspect some traffic generation tactics :

You guys hoping they dont change are out of your minds.
Ive seen the numbers. If MS dont change strategy immediately the "console race" for next gen is already over. It appears MS may have seen them and come to the same conclusion.

IF this is true.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Munkeh111 said:
disolitude said:
This is so fake lol...

Yeah, it's not like they didn't expect these reactions, they got them all at their reveal event, there is no way that they are going to reverse this

It just doesn't align with Microsofts overall strategy to reverse this...like at all. Apple and Android will rape them sideways few years from now if they don't go all digital.

I think they can compete fine by giving people the option to go all digital, but I am odd, I like their strategy as it gives the advantage of digital and allows me to keep a nice collection. I buy PC games physically then enter the codes on steam

endimion said:
hopefully that's a load of crap.... I want to not have to use disc at all.... I want to be able to share games through the cloud without bringing my disc.... I want Kinect to be standard so it's more relevant....

some of where actually happy with what those policies and choices would enable.... an all digital world always connected with voice and movement control as a standard

All, game releases on PS4 and XB1 will be digital day one if you want all that buy digital. 

disolitude said:
Munkeh111 said:
disolitude said:
This is so fake lol...

Huh? Xbox One was never going all digital. Retailers play a huge part in promoting these products and Sony/MS never planned on cutting them out in the near future.

BenVTrigger said:
You guys hoping they dont change are out of your minds.
Ive seen the numbers. If MS dont change strategy immediately the "console race" for next gen is already over. It appears MS may have seen them and come to the same conclusion.

IF this is true.

That's what I guessed when I saw this news... the post-E3 preorders are so bad that made MS think about their policies.

I hope this news be true after all... better for gamers.

its partly real!

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

Q: Does Xbox One require an “always on” Internet connection?
A: No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet. We’re designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection.

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)