By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to Pull Complete Reversal on Xbox One DRM Policies..

BenVTrigger said:
You guys hoping they dont change are out of your minds.
Ive seen the numbers. If MS dont change strategy immediately the "console race" for next gen is already over. It appears MS may have seen them and come to the same conclusion.

IF this is true.

Wow, really Ben? That bad of MS or just really good numbers for Sony

Around the Network
VGKing said:
The damage has already been done though. Wouldn't this make them look even worse? Just a few days ago they were saying how always-connected is the future. It's ridiculous how much of a mess the Xbox One is at the moment.

It's a win for gamers if true though.

How would bending to the wishes of gamers make them look worse?.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

NiKKoM said:
its partly real!

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

Q: Does Xbox One require an “always on” Internet connection?
A: No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet. We’re designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection.

They are changing... it is true.

Update on June 19, 2013: As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One reflected in this blog. Some of this information is no longer accurate 

IGN has picked up the story now... makes me feel like this really could be happening!

...would I still get the family sharing? I really liked that idea...

It is true guys... they are changing the policies in the Xbone official blog.

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:
disolitude said:
Munkeh111 said:
disolitude said:
This is so fake lol...

Yeah, it's not like they didn't expect these reactions, they got them all at their reveal event, there is no way that they are going to reverse this

It just doesn't align with Microsofts overall strategy to reverse this...like at all. Apple and Android will rape them sideways few years from now if they don't go all digital.

I think they can compete fine by giving people the option to go all digital, but I am odd, I like their strategy as it gives the advantage of digital and allows me to keep a nice collection. I buy PC games physically then enter the codes on steam

Yeah I want digital as well.

In terms of this, frankly I think hardcore gamers are overestimating how much influence they have to think that a little forum moaning and bad press will push microsoft to change their overall strategy. 

They may tweak some of the aspects of how Xbox One works, this is a given...but removing DRM isn't happening. 

ethomaz said:
NiKKoM said:
its partly real!

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

Q: Does Xbox One require an “always on” Internet connection?
A: No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet. We’re designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection.

They are changing... it is true.

Update on June 19, 2013: As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One reflected in this blog. Some of this information is no longer accurate 

This has always been the case.

Isn't this what has been posted on pastebin? I read it yesterday and thought that someone makes a thread about it - what took you guys so long? :)

BenVTrigger said:
You guys hoping they dont change are out of your minds.
Ive seen the numbers. If MS dont change strategy immediately the "console race" for next gen is already over. It appears MS may have seen them and come to the same conclusion.

IF this is true.

Go on, tell us what the numbers look like!

The Xbone official blog is going down right now due access.