By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to Pull Complete Reversal on Xbox One DRM Policies..

I don't buy it. From what we have heard from MS executives it's highly unlikely. Also I have never heard about this website.
We'll see how this will play out.

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

Around the Network

I belive a one time only check for every game is still needed.

24h autentication is the only thing I think MS should change.

Munkeh111 said:
disolitude said:
This is so fake lol...

Yeah, it's not like they didn't expect these reactions, they got them all at their reveal event, there is no way that they are going to reverse this

It just doesn't align with Microsofts overall strategy to reverse this...like at all. Apple and Android will rape them sideways few years from now if they don't go all digital.

cant possibly be true. Microsoft would have to be the most disorganized and out of touch company...nevermind...

hopefully that's a load of crap.... I want to not have to use disc at all.... I want to be able to share games through the cloud without bringing my disc.... I want Kinect to be standard so it's more relevant....

some of where actually happy with what those policies and choices would enable.... an all digital world always connected with voice and movement control as a standard

Around the Network

Things are moving way faster than I thought.

After hearing what I heard yesterday I thought MS was in massive trouble but if they reverse these policies. ....there still may be hope for them yet.

the2real4mafol said:
DietSoap said:
Called this a day or two ago, albeit a month or two sooner than I expected. Expect a $100 price drop to follow soon.

Won't happen unless they make Kinect a stand alone item. 

They have the money, they absolutely will. $100 more for weaker hardware around the same general release date is suicide even more so than always online.

disolitude said:
Munkeh111 said:
disolitude said:
This is so fake lol...

Yeah, it's not like they didn't expect these reactions, they got them all at their reveal event, there is no way that they are going to reverse this

It just doesn't align with Microsofts overall strategy to reverse this...like at all. Apple and Android will rape them sideways few years from now if they don't go all digital.

they can go partially digital and get their foot in the door like vita, they may have tried to take too big of a first step.  The door needs to be opened slowly or consumers will just shut it in their faces...

Deyon said:
If true, Microsoft fans should thank us Sony fans for fighting for their rights ;o

In all seriousness, how can they change it so quickly if the whole hardware is built around DRM as I've heard?

yes i will thank every sony fan if true :D

BenVTrigger said:
Things are moving way faster than I thought.

After hearing what I heard yesterday I thought MS was in massive trouble but if they reverse these policies. ....there still may be hope for them yet.

you really need to pm me what you know, it is driving me nuts!