By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to Pull Complete Reversal on Xbox One DRM Policies..

Chandler said:

What I posted nearly a month ago:

I haven't read anything in this thread but my fanboy head tells me that it went like this:

EA threatened to not support any console that would allow used games without any sort of compensation. Microsoft and Sony agreed to it and Nintendo didn't so EA said fuck you, 2 out of 3 is good enough for us, Nintendo you're out.

Sony successfully managed to tiptoe around this topic at their conference but Microsoft didn't and the internet blew up about it. 
Sony sees this, gets cold feet because their next console is basically do or die for them (in the video game industry) and bails out.
EA will probably be like "Shit, we can't live with only one console, so yeah, I guess we still bring games to you Sony". 
Microsoft will be like "Hey, wtf, wait a minute, we took this blow for you and now you fuck us over? We'll bail out, too. No used games policy on Xbone either!". 
EA: "Well, ok, we tried to enforce this, can't do anything about it when all of you are pussies and bail out."

MS & Sony: "So what about Nintendo?"

All: "Loooool fuck theeeem"

And this is how I justify boycotting EA in my head. This and the fact that they can't produce good games anymore.

I guess my fanboy brain isn't that far detached from reality afterall.

LOL, this was funny.   

What a shame what you wrote in successive posts got you banned, kid.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

I dont get why people say they are dissappointed with the reversal? saying 'now Xbox/PS4 are just PS3.5/Xbox 360-3 as they are just the same with slightly better graphics'

You want to give up your rights just for the sake of change? as I dont see what was good about the DRMBox

The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.

Ernest Hemmingway

Hynad said:
Chandler said:
Hynad said:
Chandler said:

It's not fiction if it's true, boiiii. I pretty much predicted the MS backpedal, so give me some credit here. But I understand that you can't do that for reasons, boiiii.

Boiiii? Ha ha ha. That's cute.

You did predict MS's back-pedaling. Here's a cookie. The rest of your story is the overly biased part, lad.

I guess you missed the fanboy part and should look up what fanboy means so you can understand that you telling me the post is biased is a total shocker to me. Except not. Boiiiii.

I will keep that behaviour of yours in mind from now on. Can't expect anything reasonable coming from you, when this is kept in mind.

Also, you'd do well to review the rules about quote trees.

You'd do well to review the rules about staying on topic in a thread. You were the one derailing this but I guess that's not a biggie around here. Will keep that in mind from now on.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.