By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to Pull Complete Reversal on Xbox One DRM Policies..

Chandler said:
Hynad said:
Chandler said:

What I posted nearly a month ago:

I haven't read anything in this thread but my fanboy head tells me that it went like this:

EA threatened to not support any console that would allow used games without any sort of compensation. Microsoft and Sony agreed to it and Nintendo didn't so EA said fuck you, 2 out of 3 is good enough for us, Nintendo you're out.

Sony successfully managed to tiptoe around this topic at their conference but Microsoft didn't and the internet blew up about it. 
Sony sees this, gets cold feet because their next console is basically do or die for them (in the video game industry) and bails out.
EA will probably be like "Shit, we can't live with only one console, so yeah, I guess we still bring games to you Sony". 
Microsoft will be like "Hey, wtf, wait a minute, we took this blow for you and now you fuck us over? We'll bail out, too. No used games policy on Xbone either!". 
EA: "Well, ok, we tried to enforce this, can't do anything about it when all of you are pussies and bail out."

MS & Sony: "So what about Nintendo?"

All: "Loooool fuck theeeem"

And this is how I justify boycotting EA in my head. This and the fact that they can't produce good games anymore.

I guess my fanboy brain isn't that far detached from reality afterall.

A nice piece of biased fiction indeed.

It's not fiction if it's true, boiiii. I pretty much predicted the MS backpedal, so give me some credit here. But I understand that you can't do that for reasons, boiiii.

Boiiii? Ha ha ha. That's cute.

You did predict MS's back-pedaling. Here's a cookie. The rest of your story is the overly biased part, lad.

Around the Network
ethomaz said:
Deyon said:
If true, Microsoft fans should thank us Sony fans for fighting for their rights ;o

This

Of course, taking the credit, but not the blame.

When peeps were saying that Sony fans were the loudest, the response was "Most people complaining are xbox fans".

How funny

Hynad said:
Chandler said:
Hynad said:
Chandler said:

I haven't read anything in this thread but my fanboy head tells me that it went like this:

EA threatened to not support any console that would allow used games without any sort of compensation. Microsoft and Sony agreed to it and Nintendo didn't so EA said fuck you, 2 out of 3 is good enough for us, Nintendo you're out.

Sony successfully managed to tiptoe around this topic at their conference but Microsoft didn't and the internet blew up about it. 
Sony sees this, gets cold feet because their next console is basically do or die for them (in the video game industry) and bails out.
EA will probably be like "Shit, we can't live with only one console, so yeah, I guess we still bring games to you Sony". 
Microsoft will be like "Hey, wtf, wait a minute, we took this blow for you and now you fuck us over? We'll bail out, too. No used games policy on Xbone either!". 
EA: "Well, ok, we tried to enforce this, can't do anything about it when all of you are pussies and bail out."

And this is how I justify boycotting EA in my head. This and the fact that they can't produce good games anymore.

I guess my fanboy brain isn't that far detached from reality afterall.

A nice piece of biased fiction indeed.

It's not fiction if it's true, boiiii. I pretty much predicted the MS backpedal, so give me some credit here. But I understand that you can't do that for reasons, boiiii.

You did predict MS's back-pedaling. Here's a cookie. The rest of your story is the overly biased part, lad.

I guess you missed the fanboy part and should look up what fanboy means so you can understand that you telling me the post is biased is a total shocker to me. Except not. Boiiiii.

This post has been moderated by axumblade

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

happydolphin said:
ethomaz said:
Deyon said:
If true, Microsoft fans should thank us Sony fans for fighting for their rights ;o

This

Of course, taking the credit, but not the blame.

When peeps were saying that Sony fans were the loudest, the response was "Most people complaining are xbox fans".

How funny

It was a joke, chill out.

Deyon said:

It was a joke, chill out.

I'm chill.

Around the Network
Chandler said:
Hynad said:
Chandler said:

I guess you missed the fanboy part and should look up what fanboy means so you can understand that you telling me the post is biased is a total shocker to me. Except not. Boiiiii.

I will keep that behaviour of yours in mind from now on. Can't expect anything reasonable coming from you, when this is kept in mind.

Also, you'd do well to review the rules about quote trees.

the2real4mafol said:
Adinnieken said:
the2real4mafol said:

I'm sorry but i just can't trust them. Back when DRM was just mere rumours, i didn't wanted it to ever happen and yet they had to say something that should of never been considered. Good for them that we through our constant uproar stopped it from happening. I just hope no company ever cocks up like that again.  

Both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 use DRM right now! 

You were never going to buy an Xbox One.  Regardless of the rumors.  That's complete BS!

You can think what you want but Xbox one for me went from never to possibly one day if it has more games that i want. Currently, i'm only really interested in Dead Rising 3 but that alone is not £429. 

There is no difference between you and a $2 whore, you're both lip service.  You were never going to buy an Xbox One.  Attempting to persude me or anyone else that you had an inkling of interest in it, is just a poor attempt to try to suggest you're actually unbiased.  Which, you aren't.

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

thranx said:
zuvuyeay said:
must have been worried about the US market then i guess

if they were they changed the wrong thing. They should of cut the price.

but how much can they afford to lose per console,it is a pretty good machine

even though they have done this,don't people still have the option to do what they wanted in the first place regards sharing and such,isn't it the best of both

Above & Beyond

Chandler said:
Hynad said:
Chandler said:

I kind of think this is a little true, I think the only reason why EA chose to discontinue online passes is because they thought Sony and Microsoft were building in DRM and anti used game features. 

I think the reason EA doesn't work with Nintendo is probably because it's not very profitable for them.

Adinnieken said:
the2real4mafol said:
Adinnieken said:
the2real4mafol said:

I'm sorry but i just can't trust them. Back when DRM was just mere rumours, i didn't wanted it to ever happen and yet they had to say something that should of never been considered. Good for them that we through our constant uproar stopped it from happening. I just hope no company ever cocks up like that again.  

Both the PS3 and the Xbox 360 use DRM right now! 

You were never going to buy an Xbox One.  Regardless of the rumors.  That's complete BS!

You can think what you want but Xbox one for me went from never to possibly one day if it has more games that i want. Currently, i'm only really interested in Dead Rising 3 but that alone is not £429. 

There is no difference between you and a $2 whore, you're both lip service.  You were never going to buy an Xbox One.  Attempting to persude me or anyone else that you had an inkling of interest in it, is just a poor attempt to try to suggest you're actually unbiased.  Which, you aren't.

User was banned for this post.

yo_john117

I ain't biased. I liked Xbox 360, i actually have no problem with Xbox, i just didn't agree with the initial approach of Xbox One just like nearly everyone else. Which is fair enough, except your ignorance got you banned, good for you! If anything, that was just hilarious to read

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018