By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to Pull Complete Reversal on Xbox One DRM Policies..

DietSoap said:
Called this a day or two ago, albeit a month or two sooner than I expected. Expect a $100 price drop to follow soon.

No Kinect required = price drop .

Around the Network
the2real4mafol said:
DietSoap said:
Called this a day or two ago, albeit a month or two sooner than I expected. Expect a $100 price drop to follow soon.

Won't happen unless they make Kinect a stand alone item. 

yeah, price will stay for sure. they won't have problems to sell the first shipments since they seem to have not many consoles. reducing the price wouldn't really help.

if thats true, i will preorder an xbo asap. ps4 will have my multi releases and xbo for exclusives.  looking forward to it if its true, and i hope it is and they are finally listening.

disolitude said:
This is so fake lol...

It is so good to be true... I agree.

Knowing that my console doesn't turn into a useless weaponry if I don't connect it at least once every 24 hours would make me buy the console.

If they don't change that, then I'm out.

Around the Network
disolitude said:
This is so fake lol...

Yeah, it's not like they didn't expect these reactions, they got them all at their reveal event, there is no way that they are going to reverse this

I don't see a complete reversal as necessary. All they had to do was give gamers the option of cloud based or disc based for each game they install and only apply the internet checkins/online drm to those people who chose the cloud based options. I would still gladly choose cloud based for a variety of the benefits.

disolitude said:
This is so fake lol...

Like a slap in the face to euphoric, ecstatic, drunk man. I think this post is soberingly correct.

im skeptical... But I'll give the Xbone a shot if this is true. It will be sitting pretty next to my PS4. Your move MS

NiKKoM said:

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/microsoft-to-pull-complete-reversal-on-xbox-one-dr/1100-4673/

Microsoft to Pull Complete Reversal on Xbox One DRM Policies

Sources indicate Microsoft is going to move away from what's caused the company so much headache.

The tug-of-war between Microsoft and Sony just got more interesting. Multiple sources inform me Microsoft will announce what amounts to a complete reversal on its DRM policies for Xbox One today.

What does this mean?

• No more always online requirement
  • The console no longer has to check in every 24 hours
  • All game discs will work on Xbox One as they do on Xbox 360
  • An Internet connection is only required when initially setting up the console
  • All downloaded games will function the same when online or offline
  • No additional restrictions on trading games or loaning discs
  • Region locks have been dropped

It is unclear what caused this huge change in policy right after E3, a week where Microsoft executives spent days explaining, justifying, and talking about its policies to the press. I suspect Microsoft’s official announcement will say something to the effect of “we've been closely listening to consumer feedback.”

Based on what I’m being told, that’s definitely true.

I've reached out to Microsoft for comment.
-------------------------------

internetz wins!

No, the internet thinks it wins. This is an "ice cream for dinner!" victory... Get what we want, but at a cost we don't realize. Xbox One's sharing more than undoes it's restrictions for many gamers, but there's no way it can exist without the DRM. I hope this isn't true.