By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft to Pull Complete Reversal on Xbox One DRM Policies..

disolitude said:

I don't think they are a fiasco but deatils are still missing...

1. What happens with family plan and sharing?

2. How will they combat piracy? I install 30 disk based games on an Xbox One and take it offline forever and play single player. Then I give the disks to a friend who does the same...etc

I guess...

1. Only for digitial like PS3.
2. You will need the Xbone disc at tray to play the game.

Around the Network
RazorDragon said:

If that's true, then it's awesome news. The exclusives shown on the MS E3 conference had me interested in the console, but I wouldn't ever buy it if it came with this DRM. This news, however, completely changes my position towards buying the new Xbox(if true).

Same here. The price tag is still daunting, but at least I know I can purchase it with a clean conscience :)

hatmoza said:
I still lost a lot of respect for people who defended the DRM

.... Some people will have a hard time with that... losing internet respect from hatmoza... I hope it was worth it..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

jayson1 said:
Keep dreaming they will not change their policies. The infrastructure can not be changed that easily. Watch the angry joe interview with major nelson. He grabs the mic from joe when asked about changing the system's on DRM, connecting every 24 hours and used games policy. He says no it is not that easy to do and these are the policies moving forward. The used games policy is especially squashed seeing how the Disc you buy at the store is just used once like a pc disc. It's worthless after you load the disc into xbox one. Worthless!

Umm its official now. 

disolitude said:
ethomaz said:
disolitude said:

Xbox One PR and image with gamers during this fiasco

Do you think the new policies are a fiasco?

2. How will they combat piracy? I install 30 disk based games on an Xbox One and take it offline forever and play single player. Then I give the disks to a friend who does the same...etc

Suggest you read the PR from Don again...

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

disolitude said:

I guess...

1. Only for digitial like PS3.
2. You will need the Xbone disc at tray to play the game.

Both of those are horrible lol

no region-locking?
" Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions."

Conegamer said:
So this is why it was dropped from GameStop! So now the whole E3 thing with the PS4 is nonsense, as it doesn't matter?

sony earned a lot of good will and good PR.  ms had a lot of their game announcements overshadowed by policy discussion.

...but yeah.  more-or-less. 

Sal.Paradise said:
Fuck everyone that said we couldn't change this, that this was the future of gaming. Fuck everyone that said it was an inevitability and vgchartz, gaf, facebook, ign whatever were just a vocal minority of 'core' gamers. Our incessant 'whining' did this, the same thing so many complained about and tried to silence. We did it.

This this this this.

So much. Just perfect.

disolitude said:
ethomaz said:
disolitude said:

Xbox One PR and image with gamers during this fiasco

Do you think the new policies are a fiasco?

1.) I would say it is gone.

2.) They said all disc based games would require the disc to be in the disc drive in order to work.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!