By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 interface revealed in commercial (SO SWEET!)

eFKac said:
I liked Sarah.

Yeah well the UI looks modern. So a lot of pictures and buttons, not much to read. I guess that's good.

It was quick, seamless, and looks like you can do a lot of multitasking, that's definitely a plus.
I wonder how much RAM did they dedicate to the non gaming side of the console, cause it wasn't clarified yet, right? We're only speculating it's 1 or 2 gigs.

1GB.

Around the Network

The UI looks great.

But I sincerely doubt that anybody is actually going to buy a full price game on PSN (which is probably much cheaper than retail) just because their friend needs help with it. It's also unrealistic because who on earth would not pick up Killzone 4 with their PS4 at launch?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
The UI looks great.

But I sincerely doubt that anybody is actually going to buy a full price game on PSN (which is probably much cheaper than retail) just because their friend needs help with it. It's also unrealistic because who on earth would not pick up Killzone 4 with their PS4 at launch?

Its just noting the possibility that you have the ability to buy the game on the fly and continue playing. You can download the multiplayer first before the single player experience. This is going to be great for day one COD gamers.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
eFKac said:
I liked Sarah.

Yeah well the UI looks modern. So a lot of pictures and buttons, not much to read. I guess that's good.

It was quick, seamless, and looks like you can do a lot of multitasking, that's definitely a plus.
I wonder how much RAM did they dedicate to the non gaming side of the console, cause it wasn't clarified yet, right? We're only speculating it's 1 or 2 gigs.

1GB.

Can you provide a source?

So it is happening...PS4 preorder.

Greatness Awaits!

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kantor said:
The UI looks great.

Its just noting the possibility that you have the ability to buy the game on the fly and continue playing. You can download the multiplayer first before the single player experience. This is going to be great for day one COD gamers.

I appreciate that, but I don't see it happening unless they seriously ramp up their weekly/daily sales to Steam-like levels.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
eFKac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
eFKac said:
I liked Sarah.

1GB.

Your speculation makes sense, I cant see one OS being 2 GB unless its windows.

Kantor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kantor said:
The UI looks great.

I appreciate that, but I don't see it happening unless they seriously ramp up their weekly/daily sales to Steam-like levels.

They are getting there. Look up the PS3 E3 sale.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
eFKac said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
eFKac said:
I liked Sarah.

1GB.

Your speculation makes sense, I cant see one OS being 2 GB unless its windows.

That's because you don't know enough OS and especially not what makes an OS an OS.

Thread is based on old stuff:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=5420830
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=162112&page=1#

The whole thread is a dup!

So Killzone downloads in 10 seconds? Coming to iOS confirmed.