By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Gran Turismo Dominate Mario Kart Wii sales?

GT 5 8m LTD (assuming it comes out late 08, with a PS3 userbase of 18-20m, and 10m in Europe
Mario Kart: more than that, about 10m

Around the Network

i'd say gt5 will hit 5-7 million. it will be one of ps3's top 5 selling games this gen. mario kart should be one of wii's top 5 selling games this gen and it will definitely get over 10 million eventually, i'd say 11-13mil, and hitting 6 mil by the end of '08.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Mario Kart Wii will dominate Gran Turismo 5. It is on a more popular console, and casual as well as hardcore gamers love Mario Kart.

@misterd
Double Dash sold 6.6 million, 64 sold 9.87 million.

They will be in the similar area. (7-12 million)

^_^

MKWii will dominate because the Wii is dominating. If all things were equal, I could see them achieving roughly equal sales.

Around the Network

Both will be in 7 - 15 million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Mario Kart Wii will sell more.

Both titles should have pretty good legs.

SCEI will continuously roll out DLC for GT5 and hopefully won't cost too much.
The auto industry will help pay for the development cost.
Will we see GT6 for PS3? Maybe not.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

Mario Kart will CRUSH IT!!!!!! MK has much longer legs and did incredibly well for GC considering its relatively small install base unlike the PS2 for the last GT

Hah depends on how well the PS3 sells.

I mean until GT6 comes out... GT5 will practically sell 1:1 with PS3's in europe.

Ok not so drastically... but it is THE real racing game.

Though Mario Kart is also THE Kart racing game... since it pretty much invented the genre.

If we don't see a GT6... i could see GT5 taking it.

I know i'll probably want to play mario kart before i buy... i'm iffy on motion steering. Never been any good at it.

gt will sell more easily