By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like Sony built PS4 to compete the Xbox 360, only with better graphics/specs

Mummelmann said:
bananaking21 said:
Mummelmann said:
Uhm, both Sony and MS are doing the same old same old, MS are simply throwing in a lot more restrictions and regulations while the PS4 throws in more gimmicks.

They both seem kind of... boring to me.

looking at your sig i see you are a PC gamer, can i ask, what has PC gaming brought new to the gaming industry? if PS4 and X1 seem boring because they do the same thing, then what new things did PC as a platform bring to gaming? why doesnt PC gaming seem boring?

to make it clear, im genuinly interested in your response, not trying to pick a fight or argue or downplay PC gaming (as i am a PC gamer as well)

Streamlined UI and terrific desktop apps like Steam and full customization of all things from hardware setup and acceleration to incredible mods and tweaks in games. Incredible catalogue of games spanning from today and all the way back to Commodore 64 times via emulators, a platform that has form technical marvels and simple gems alike, from Half-Life 2 (which was mind blowing at release) to games like Unepic and Terraria, massive multimedia functionality and connectivity, amazing deals through digital distribution and lots of good, free content from many developers. Free to play online, no restrictions, region locks or insane user agreement terms (unless you use Origin...).

I still have room for a tiny bit of console gaming, racing games and things like GTA keep me somewhat intrigued, I also bought The Last of Us yesterday but still haven't played it. I do notice that consoles interest me less and less though, they're sort of merging into beige lumps of everything and nothing, focusing on too many things besides gaming, things social features, stupid motion controls and other things I never cared about.

Are you serious? is this your answer about PC gaming? Streamlined UI and terrific apps? give me a timeline about PC gaming which brought great things for you which i'm really interested to hear really.

Frequent hardware setup is needed for Gaming even though the hardware hasn't maxed out or used completely so PC just wasting all the Horse power of each card becoz nobody can extract it due to hardware fragmenetation and piracy. The PC is the one killing gaming for AAA titles and its good only for Small indie titles, Online games and F2P other than that there is really intriguing experience from that. If developers want to make a PC game then its very risky due to piracy and also they can't base any particular hardware with a estimate to do the game. Also the PC games won't sale more than Consoles and won't reach wider audience, so how do you expect games to come if thesituation is like this.

you mention only one Gem in PC, let me tell you some gems from PS3. Uncharted, Heavy rain, Journey, Last of us, Little big planet and God of war. Playstation providing varied AAA gaming experinces which is not possible in PC(don't say those indie tittles does but they are not AAA standars).

Does PC gaming brougth mutltimedia connectivity to? tell me how it broght that.

Emulators are good but its not offical stuff and it wasn't broght by some companies as evolution of gaming. Digital distribution is already there in PS3 and amazing deals also there in PSN store for every two weeks for the past one year along with Free games everymonth.

All the Playstation devices also region free and don't have rules except PS4 which requires PS+ for multiplayer but not for every Online game becoz Sony is givng free access to F2P games and also PS+ is providing more value.

Let me tell you one thing, a real passionate gamer feels and lives in the game because its the worlds we dream or imagine to live. We need to play games for feeling and fun but not for time pass like multiplayer shooters, rpg etc., which takes away lot of time from our life instead of being short and sweet memory which can be revived when we need just like Journey and experince adventure from Uncharted, feeling emotional things in heavy rain/Last of us, rage and mythology from God of war, Fun and innovation to create our work in LIttle big planet etc.,

Today, the mobile market is killing the gaming genre from Feeling and experiencing the game to Fun and time pass which is really bad becoz games can create our dream world which is not posssible.

Hope some agree with me about gaming and hate about online shooters/rpgs/mmo games which takes away rememberable memories of Single player Story driven game. But, i'm happy that Sony is still doing and try to improve the gaming by taking risks for creating immersive gaming works with varied experience.

I'm sorry if i offended anyone and i just wanted to share my feeling about games.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Around the Network

And how are things looking right now?

LurkerJ said:

Digging up the thread would be worth it if xbox fans didnt do more 180's than MS.

LurkerJ said:

You tell me.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

good bump!

OP's tl;dr:

"Ps4 is just a Ps3.5! Xone is nextgen!"

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Well, I know this topic is hiting a nerv for Sony loyalists :)
I actually think you are right, the PS4 is a 360+.
Not that it is a bad thing, after all better CPU/GPU and memory is the right thing to do.
This is exactly what I was thinking after watching the PS4 reveal...

Microsoft in the other hand is really trying some innovations even if it is more risky.
But can we blame Sony for playing the safe way after what gappen with the PS3? (Financial)

Alright now Sony fans are going to jump out of their chair and bash my post like crazy hehe...

actually X1 is like a second ps4 now. Oh the Irony

This was my birthday.

Wow! There are many posts in this thread that are pure gold! How the hell did miss this thread back in 2013?!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Grade A flamebait.

If PS4 is PS3.5, what is X1 now?