By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Looks like Sony built PS4 to compete the Xbox 360, only with better graphics/specs

great bump!

Around the Network
bubblegamer said:
If PS4 is PS3.5, what is X1 now?

PS 3.1

kowenicki said:
couple of days of good xbox news and the aftermath is always the same ... lol

cant wait for e3.

the couple of days after will be tiresome though.

I don't see a problem with people getting called out, HARD. Hell, this thread was begging for it.

OT:  

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

I knew this thread was going to be goofy, but not this goofy LOL. In case you are not trolling. Sony has already done what you give MS credit for doing with the PS3. They introduced the cloud first with Gakai, then MS followed.

They had a digital library first (PSNow will improve on that), then MS followed. They were a multimedia device first last generation with Blu-Ray and a web browser, now MS has those things in the XboxOne. Ms never took risks, while Sony gambled with the PS3.

The EyeToy came before Kinect and MS only bought it because they seen the success Nintendo had with casual gaming. Online gaming was on the PS2 and Dreamcast first. So it was a natural progression which created Live.Sony is giving free games with PS+ and now MS has games with Gold.

Of course Sony's overall plan is the same, which has always been the best and why the PS brand remains popular. Make a gaming device that puts games first unlike MS. Speaking of E3, there is nothing worst than that Project Milo Kinect E3 press conference. That was an embarrassment and they never recovered from that. Also MS said they wanted the 360 to be like the PS2, which explains the console design and controller.

This is extremely awkward ...

Around the Network

They did PS4 as a succesor of ps3, it is like a ps3 but more powerful.

Microsoft in the other hand did Xbox One as a downgrade of the Xbox 360 because since launch they are only screwing things up, only fixed in the last few weeks by phil spencer.

LurkerJ said:
And how are things looking right now?

Looks like I was right, yet again.

i cant see cloud being used for gamimng. for now, both seems to be a 7 gen console, with better graphics.

jonathanalis said:
i cant see cloud being used for gamimng. for now, both seems to be a 7 gen console, with better graphics.

I think it can be used for gaming just not this generation of hardware.

kowenicki said:
couple of days of good xbox news and the aftermath is always the same ... lol

cant wait for e3.

the couple of days after will be tiresome though.

It is the same. On both ends