By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry: Hands-on with Xbox One

So out of their entire conference only Dead Rising 3 and BF4 (please tell me if I forgot one) were not running on XBOX hardware?

Jonathan Blow must be pissed!

Around the Network

is it just me or does project spark genuinely look like a good game

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

pokoko said:
"Mutated wolf in a loin-cloth" reminds me of a dream I had. Or maybe it should be called a nightmare. I'm still a little bit confused. Anyway ...

Really interesting article. I wonder if the reason almost no one had genuine XO machines was because of security? Why would Microsoft be that paranoid at this point? If not security, then why else? It looks like that hurt some of the third-parties, especially the Japanese exclusives. The issues in Dead Rising sound pretty bad to bring to a show-off event. Still, they have a few more months, there is probably no reason to worry.

Perhaps they feared that someone could stole one and then investigate the specs to hack or something like that?

Euphoria14 said:

Good news.

What would bug me though if I were getting a XBone would be that (2) of those games were supposed to built as Kinect only experiences that later scrapped the whole Kinect idea and went for traditional controls.

That kind of attitude shown - which to me is "We can't get this to work" - would make me annoyed that the Kinect is being forced into my purchase. Especially if they can't find a real good way to make use of it.

It's kind of like the situation Nintendo is in with the gamepad.

Ryse still has (optional) Kinect motion features though and I bet Crimson Dragon is fully Kinect controllable (like Child of Eden).

I mean many people wanted to be able to mix Kinect with traditional controllers. Now it's happening, while still having Kinect "exclusives". I doubt Kinect Sports Rivals will have any controller support (except for the menus).

Skeeuk said:
is it just me or does project spark genuinely look like a good game

Project Spark looks awesome.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Euphoria14 said:

Good news.

What would bug me though if I were getting a XBone would be that (2) of those games were supposed to built as Kinect only experiences that later scrapped the whole Kinect idea and went for traditional controls.

That kind of attitude shown - which to me is "We can't get this to work" - would make me annoyed that the Kinect is being forced into my purchase. Especially if they can't find a real good way to make use of it.

Ryse still has (optional) Kinect motion features though and I bet Crimson Dragon is fully Kinect controllable (like Child of Eden).

I mean many people wanted to be able to mix Kinect with traditional controllers. Now it's happening, while still having Kinect "exclusives". I doubt Kinect Sports Rivals will have any controller support (except for the menus).

Did they show any kinect gameplay by any chance?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Barozi said:
Euphoria14 said:

Good news.

Did they show any kinect gameplay by any chance?

Nope they didn't

Nsanity said:

And yes, there were some games that were - categorically, without a shadow of a doubt - running on Xbox One hardware. It'll come as little surprise to learn that first party software was more likely to be showcased running on the new console, with Turn 10's Forza Motorsport 5 the most high profile title we saw that was visibly operating on the actual console.

That's good to know. It's up there as one of the best looking games IMO already running on X1 hardware. If there were any rumors about hardware issues, surely this ends them.

Project spark is also on PC and Xbox 360. It's not exclusive to Xbone. Lucky me.

LurkerJ said:
Project spark is also on PC and Xbox 360. It's not exclusive to Xbone. Lucky me.

The money still goes to Microsoft though.