By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: Success for FFX HD could "pave the way" for more HD remakes, including FFXII

outlawauron said:
Xen said:

More HD rereleases of shit, yay :/
I'm gonna buy FFX/FFX-2 ONLY because FFX is my favorite game, ever
, FFX-2 in my top 10, Enough.with.the.HD.rereleases.already. Get to fucking work on new games already, people. SE and everyone else milking their PS2 hits.

These statements seem so against each other.

They need to more money streams because those big games cost them so much. It wasn't as big a deal when the development times were shorter (because the games still cost $40+ million to make 10 years ago), so there wasn't as big a time lapse from money coming in.

I know. But it's the first HD rerelease of anything that I'm buying - and almost certainly the last.

It's FFX, outlaw. FFX.

Around the Network

I'd love one for XII. I really want to play it, but I can't be bothered to get my PS2 back out.

Xen said:
outlawauron said:
Xen said:

, FFX-2 in my top 10, Enough.with.the.HD.rereleases.already. Get to fucking work on new games already, people. SE and everyone else milking their PS2 hits.

They need to more money streams because those big games cost them so much. It wasn't as big a deal when the development times were shorter (because the games still cost $40+ million to make 10 years ago), so there wasn't as big a time lapse from money coming in.

I know. But it's the first HD rerelease of anything that I'm buying - and almost certainly the last.

It's FFX, outlaw. FFX.

Some of the HD remakes are good though. I haven't bought a ton, but there are several worth buying. Especially when they put good effort into it (and I'd consider FFX good effort with the re-drawn models, HD, and international content).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Xen said:
outlawauron said:
Xen said:

It's FFX, outlaw. FFX.

Some of the HD remakes are good though. I haven't bought a ton, but there are several worth buying. Especially when they put good effort into it (and I'd consider FFX good effort with the re-drawn models, HD, and international content).

Such as?

And yeah, international content! I was ready to get FFX2 international and all for it, but no need. Having a PAL FFX I already had internatinal there already.

u guys are all complaining about wat SE shud be doing but we all know they hate money

Around the Network

Well quite frankly FFX is brilliant and XII, while not as good, is definitely worth playing, especially with trophies! My time with that game was curtailed by the imminent PS3, so I would definitely go back to it a second time

SO BUY THESE GAMES!

I never played either game before (not played any Final Fantasy game at all somehow), so i'll give these a go when they come to the Vita

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Xen said:
outlawauron said:

Such as?

And yeah, international content! I was ready to get FFX2 international and all for it, but no need. Having a PAL FFX I already had internatinal there already.

The ones that I have found worth buying:

Ico & Shadow of Collosus Collection

Zones of the Enders Collection

God of War Collection

And of course the FFX and upcoming KH1.5 look great.

What's best about these is that they're never full price and I always feel like I'm getting a good deal out of the purchase.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

WiiBox3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Final Fantasy VI or VII off of the same engine of XV or nothing at all.

I could go for a total remake of FF VI. I think that is an awesome idea.

Square said if they ever created a VII remake before they fixed the Final Fantasy engine and get a steady one that the majority of gamers like then it would probably be their last FF game. After XV they might be onto something.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
WiiBox3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Final Fantasy VI or VII off of the same engine of XV or nothing at all.

I could go for a total remake of FF VI. I think that is an awesome idea.

Square said if they ever created a VII remake before they fixed the Final Fantasy engine and get a steady one that the majority of gamers like then it would probably be their last FF game. After XV they might be onto something.

XV looks like it could be cool. But I hope they have went back to the drawing board on how to write a story. To me, XIII was to convoluded and did not draw me in to love the story. Unlike most FF where I can't wait for the next cut scene and story segment, XIII I couldn't wait to get back to the battles.

VII would be awesome to see a remake of, but they would have to overhaul and remake so much for it to fit today's gamer, that I'm not sure we would like it, unless it was perfect. I mean the snowboarding would have to be completely redone to work today, etc. That game would call for their main studio and not a B teir studio and I have a feeling that's why they shy away from doing it.