By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: Success for FFX HD could "pave the way" for more HD remakes, including FFXII

Shut up Square! All that's left is FF12 and KH2 for an HD remake. Unless you actually plan to fully remake any FF up to FFIX from the ground up, then you don't have alot of cards left to play with your fans.

Around the Network

Erm... i think you guys are forgetting the PSP. They could do an HD remake for FF7 crisis core and KH: Birth by sleep aswell as the more recent Kingdom hearts 3D. Lets not forget FF type-0 aswell.
If they are having a good day, they could go for FFT and Tactics ogre aswell.

Ofcourse they go XII after X. Personally don't want/need it though.

I'm still expecting a collection 1-5 (6?)

Seperate releases of the Playstation years. A collection of the Playstation years. Crisis Core, Dirge...

Oh hell, there's a cow that's not even close to be out of milk.

I may only get FFX HD on vita ... IF I HAD ONE !!!

ethomaz said:
outlawauron said:
Not sure why you'd want XII remade. No reason for it to be remade. Looks good already.

It is the more easy to remade because just need to increase the resolution and fix somethings.

The precious FF are more difficult to remade.

Would just rather the time and resources be used on something in more need of a remake.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
SnowPrince said:
I may only get FFX HD on vita ... IF I HAD ONE !!!

Good thing i have one

Bet with gooch_destroyer, he wins if FFX and FFX-2 will be at $40 each for the vita. I win if it dont

Sign up if you want to see God Eater 2 get localized!! https://www.change.org/petitions/shift-inc-bring-god-eater-2-to-north-america-2#share

I wouldn't be surprised if they say there then needs to be a Final Fantasy XIII remake because the old one looks to PS3-ish.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Final Fantasy VI or VII off of the same engine of XV or nothing at all.

I could go for a total remake of FF VI. I think that is an awesome idea.

More HD rereleases of shit, yay :/
I'm gonna buy FFX/FFX-2 ONLY because FFX is my favorite game, ever, FFX-2 in my top 10, Enough.with.the.HD.rereleases.already. Get to fucking work on new games already, people. SE and everyone else milking their PS2 hits.

Xen said:

More HD rereleases of shit, yay :/
I'm gonna buy FFX/FFX-2 ONLY because FFX is my favorite game, ever
, FFX-2 in my top 10, Enough.with.the.HD.rereleases.already. Get to fucking work on new games already, people. SE and everyone else milking their PS2 hits.

These statements seem so against each other.

They need to more money streams because those big games cost them so much. It wasn't as big a deal when the development times were shorter (because the games still cost $40+ million to make 10 years ago), so there wasn't as big a time lapse from money coming in.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.