By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: Success for FFX HD could "pave the way" for more HD remakes, including FFXII

FF7. relive the glory of the best RPG ever.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
axumblade said:

True...For some reason, I thought they were working on a remake of V but I think it was just a port. 

And your reasons make sense too, though I don't like the logical answer. -.-

They already did....and no not a port...and absolutely not a remake you would want... (at least not on what platform it came out ;p)

The real questions is why can't they release these on the Vita?

WiiBox3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
WiiBox3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Final Fantasy VI or VII off of the same engine of XV or nothing at all.

I could go for a total remake of FF VI. I think that is an awesome idea.

Square said if they ever created a VII remake before they fixed the Final Fantasy engine and get a steady one that the majority of gamers like then it would probably be their last FF game. After XV they might be onto something.

XV looks like it could be cool. But I hope they have went back to the drawing board on how to write a story. To me, XIII was to convoluded and did not draw me in to love the story. Unlike most FF where I can't wait for the next cut scene and story segment, XIII I couldn't wait to get back to the battles.

VII would be awesome to see a remake of, but they would have to overhaul and remake so much for it to fit today's gamer, that I'm not sure we would like it, unless it was perfect. I mean the snowboarding would have to be completely redone to work today, etc. That game would call for their main studio and not a B teir studio and I have a feeling that's why they shy away from doing it.

XV looks like a playable Advent Children with a cloud inspired character in a Romeo and Juliet story. Two awesome things. Hope the gameplay is as awesome as it looks and isnt super easy. It seems to be Kingdom Hearts but quicker.

just remake 6 and 7 already square

BasilZero said:
Munkeh111 said:

Because Squareenix has blacklisted all Sony Portables from now on. (l0l)

They are coming to the Vita, they were actually announced at Sony's E3 conference 

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
WiiBox3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
WiiBox3 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Final Fantasy VI or VII off of the same engine of XV or nothing at all.

I could go for a total remake of FF VI. I think that is an awesome idea.

Square said if they ever created a VII remake before they fixed the Final Fantasy engine and get a steady one that the majority of gamers like then it would probably be their last FF game. After XV they might be onto something.

XV looks like it could be cool. But I hope they have went back to the drawing board on how to write a story. To me, XIII was to convoluded and did not draw me in to love the story. Unlike most FF where I can't wait for the next cut scene and story segment, XIII I couldn't wait to get back to the battles.

VII would be awesome to see a remake of, but they would have to overhaul and remake so much for it to fit today's gamer, that I'm not sure we would like it, unless it was perfect. I mean the snowboarding would have to be completely redone to work today, etc. That game would call for their main studio and not a B teir studio and I have a feeling that's why they shy away from doing it.

XV looks like a playable Advent Children with a cloud inspired character in a Romeo and Juliet story. Two awesome things. Hope the gameplay is as awesome as it looks and isnt super easy. It seems to be Kingdom Hearts but quicker.

I hope the gameplay turns out great as well. Just don't have the Kingdom Hearts camera!

BasilZero said:
the2real4mafol said:

They are coming to the Vita, they were actually announced at Sony's E3 conference 

Are you talking about FFX HD and FFX-2 HD or FFV?

If FFV - link/source plox.

FF X HD and FF X-2 HD. I didn't know you were talking about FF V

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Please never remake VI, that game is a masterpiece as it is, no need to change it.

Nintendo and PC gamer

BasilZero said:
Munkeh111 said:

Because Squareenix has blacklisted all Sony Portables from now on. (l0l)

It's certainly not out the question.... I thought this was the point of PS Mobile, bringing the good phone games to Vita. I do have FFV on my Vita, but it is just the PS Classic. I will be perfectly happy playing that, when I get round to it, but this just looks nicer and there is nothing stopping them from bringing it to Vita!

And of course, in terms of actual games, Crisis Core and BBS were 2 of the best games on PSP, yet no Type-0 and no sign of anything similar coming. 

I know them releasing KH 1.5 HD and FFX HD is progress, BUT! FFX was announced 2 years ago and they are releasing really long games at the very very very very end of a console generation and they have somewhat missed the HD remake bandwagon I feel. They need to get on with doing things on a shorter timescale and not having these stupid bloated developments.

If someone thinks of Squeenix doing something, it will generally involve an incredible amount of stupid things, they need to stop being stupid!

osed125 said:

Please never remake VI, that game is a masterpiece as it is, no need to change it.

Thats why people have been demanding modern remakes of VI and VII. Keep the story the same make it next gen if the XV gameplay works out with positive feedback.