By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3D World will be the lowest selling 3D console Mario

Agree?

Yes 143 34.79%

No 267 64.96%

Total:410

The drop in quality from Galaxy is absolutely astounding. It looks worse due to the extremely generic art style, the music is not orchestrated, and sounds cheap, the platforming is not 360 but rather 8 way. It's focus seems to be on co op, which is very disappointing because I have no friends who really want to play a Mario plat with. It also focuses on small levels like 3D land. Small levels were fine for a handheld game, but this is a console mario game, it's not meant to be played in short sessions.

I'm just so disappointed that after the godsend that was the galaxy games we get what looks to be the cashing in of the Mario franchise.

Around the Network

It is not the 3D Mario I was expecting, but it will sell well. Over than 8mil, no doubt

Click HERE and be happy 

Mensrea said:
The drop in quality from Galaxy is absolutely astounding. It looks worse due to the extremely generic art style, the music is not orchestrated, and sounds cheap, the platforming is not 360 but rather 8 way. It's focus seems to be on co op, which is very disappointing because I have no friends who really want to play a Mario plat with. It also focuses on small levels like 3D land. Small levels were fine for a handheld game, but this is a console mario game, it's not meant to be played in short sessions.

I'm just so disappointed that after the godsend that was the galaxy games we get what looks to be the cashing in of the Mario franchise.

the NSMB series didnt tip you off to that? I kid

@OP - Agreed

I'm going to be honest. I hope this doesn't sell more than Super Mario Galaxy 2, it doesn't deserve that (from what we've seen so far). But like I said before, I hope this game has some kind of "special sauce" and the worlds later in the game are bigger, have better (and less generic) music and more interesting settings.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
Mensrea said:

the NSMB series didnt tip you off to that? I kid

Haha, I guess I meant 3D mario. 2D mario is dead

RolStoppable said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
I'm going to be honest. I hope this doesn't sell more than Super Mario Galaxy 2, it doesn't deserve that (from what we've seen so far). But like I said before, I hope this game has some kind of "special sauce" and the worlds later in the game are bigger, have better (and less generic) music and more interesting settings.

Why doesn't it deserve it? After all, SMG2 qualifies more for a cash-in than this game.

Because from what we've seen so far, this looks lazy, unimaginative, and low production value where Galaxy 2 was creative and high production value.

It will be a huge system seller, no doubt. 6~8mil is great. But I will not buy it this year.

Click HERE and be happy 

RolStoppable said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Why doesn't it deserve it? After all, SMG2 qualifies more for a cash-in than this game.

Well, both games  qualify equally as a cash-in, but Super Mario Galaxy 2 at least had orchestrated music and not generic level designs and it used very well the Wii graphical capabilities, I don't think Mario 3D World uses even the half of the WiiU capabilities.  The point is that it's the first 3D Mario on the WiiU, it shouldn't be similar to a game released before , Super Mario Galaxy was very different from Sunshine. 

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Because from what we've seen so far, this looks lazy, unimaginative, and low production value where Galaxy 2 was creative and high production value.

Yeah, totally. SMG2 was a level expansion pack with some newly composed music.

It wasn't an "expansion pack", it didn't have any world from the original SMG, the worlds were completely new and original. Expansion packs always feature the same content of the original game plus some additions.