By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3D World will be the lowest selling 3D console Mario

Agree?

Yes 143 34.79%

No 267 64.96%

Total:410
AshKetchum1992 said:
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Because from what we've seen so far, this looks lazy, unimaginative, and low production value where Galaxy 2 was creative and high production value.

Yeah, totally. SMG2 was a level expansion pack with some newly composed music.

It wasn't an "expansion pack", it didn't have any world from the original SMG, the worlds were completely new and original. Expansion packs always feature the same content of the original game plus some additions.

Well they did say it was just levels/ideas they couldnt fit into the first one

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
AshKetchum1992 said:
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Because from what we've seen so far, this looks lazy, unimaginative, and low production value where Galaxy 2 was creative and high production value.

It wasn't an "expansion pack", it didn't have any world from the original SMG, the worlds were completely new and original. Expansion packs always feature the same content of the original game plus some additions.

And this is different from 3D World?

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

I agree with the OP. The letdown with this game is enormous. The number of players disappointed by this game is bigger than the number of players happy.

I bought a 3DS for Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. I would have bought a Wii U for Galaxy 3 or a real Super Mario game (64, Sunshine), but actually, the revelation of this game make me want not to buy the Wii U.

If a lot of long time Nintendo fans don't even want to buy it, then the game is not going to succeed. Nintendo lost a lot of consumers with this pathetic effort.

The Wii U sales are beyond terrible, and this game will do nothing to help the console. Can you imagine people spending more than 300€ to play this game? I can't, and I won't.

I hope it fails and the Wii U fails as well this year. It may correct Nintendo attitude the next years.

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Nope, it was a full game's worth of new levels.

And speaking of the music, it was orchestrated in Galaxy 2, while 3D World is going back to shitty midi.

zorg1000 said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Well they did say it was just levels/ideas they couldnt fit into the first one

But those ideas were enough to do a completely new and original game which had very high production values

Around the Network

By seeing Mario 3D World, you wouldn't believe that it is the same team wich made Galaxy 1 and 2.

Honestly, Iwata must have given them 10% of their previous budget or asked them to port 3D Land 2 to Wii U. Lame.

RolStoppable said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Fascinating. Do you honestly believe that I would gobble up lies? You can't make absolute statements like that when they aren't true. SMG2 straight up copy-pasted one level from SMG as well as a boss compilation.

Also, regarding your previous post that games shouldn't look similar, how about this:

Isn't an identical look even worse? As you can see, that's what SMG2 is guilty of.

When two games are on the same console and both look amazing, no, the same look isn't a bad thing.

When a flagship game on the Wii U looks like an up-res'd 3DS game, that's a bad thing.

RolStoppable said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Fascinating. Do you honestly believe that I would gobble up lies? You can't make absolute statements like that when they aren't true. SMG2 straight up copy-pasted one level from SMG as well as a boss compilation.

Also, regarding your previous post that games shouldn't look similar, how about this:

Isn't an identical look even worse? As you can see, that's what SMG2 is guilty of.

Stop being stupid.

Mario Galaxy 2 is the best 3D platformer ever created and has more new ideas than any other game in the genre.

Mario 3D world is a low budget, fast food game that should have been on handeld.

Lucas-Rio said:
I agree with the OP. The letdown with this game is enormous. The number of players disappointed by this game is bigger than the number of players happy.

I bought a 3DS for Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. I would have bought a Wii U for Galaxy 3 or a real Super Mario game (64, Sunshine), but actually, the revelation of this game make me want not to buy the Wii U.

If a lot of long time Nintendo fans don't even want to buy it, then the game is not going to succeed. Nintendo lost a lot of consumers with this pathetic effort.

The Wii U sales are beyond terrible, and this game will do nothing to help the console. Can you imagine people spending more than 300€ to play this game? I can't, and I won't.

I hope it fails and the Wii U fails as well this year. It may correct Nintendo attitude the next years.

I dont see this one game causing people to buy the console but the combination of 3D World, DKC, Wii Fit, Wii Party, Wind Waker, Sonic Lost World, Pikmin 3, W101, plus the 10 or so multiplats releasing, new markwting push and possible price cut will def lead many people to get a Wii U this holiday. Its clear Nintendo Iisnt relying on 1 single game to save Wii U but anstead a steady stream of quality software. This will also give it the momentum it needs and next year they plan on continuing that with the big system sellers in Mario Kart and Smash Bros along with core supporting titles like X and Bayonetta.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

F0X said:
AshKetchum1992 said:
RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

And this is different from 3D World?

No, but 3D world doesn't have the production values of Mario Galaxy 2 and only for that it doesn't deserve the sales of SMG2