By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3D World will be the lowest selling 3D console Mario

Agree?

Yes 143 34.79%

No 267 64.96%

Total:410
Lucas-Rio said:
F0X said:
Lucas-Rio said:
F0X said:

Hold the phone. When did "production values" become so important? I, for one, don't make my cake-purchasing decisions based on the icing.

I enjoyed 3D Land just as much as the Galaxy games because the gameplay is excellent, and it was still absolutely not a slouch in terms of creative level design. If EAD Tokyo had tons more ideas that didn't make it into 3D Land, including multiplayer, and they believe that these things would work our far better on Wii U than 3DS, then more power to them. I trust them, because they're a reputable bakery knowing that a good cake comes from the ingredients first, not the toppings.

If you like 3D Land as much as Galaxy, then it's you who have a value problem.

But then, some people prefer McDonald's to real cooking.

You vastly underrate the quality of 3D Land's design. But I guess that doesn't matter as much as how much spit was used to polish a bunch of pixels.

I played it, I rate it correctly. It was a decent handheld effort.

But nowhere near the excellence of Galaxy's games. Biggest Nintendo disappointment ever, this Mario 3D world.

You're just going to have to accept the fact that not everyone sees things the same way you do, then. I think you're problem is that you got your hopes up for a new Wii U game in the vein of Galaxy, despite 3D Land being the more recent effort. And selling faster.

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Around the Network
F0X said:
Lucas-Rio said:
F0X said:
Lucas-Rio said:
F0X said:

Hold the phone. When did "production values" become so important? I, for one, don't make my cake-purchasing decisions based on the icing.

I enjoyed 3D Land just as much as the Galaxy games because the gameplay is excellent, and it was still absolutely not a slouch in terms of creative level design. If EAD Tokyo had tons more ideas that didn't make it into 3D Land, including multiplayer, and they believe that these things would work our far better on Wii U than 3DS, then more power to them. I trust them, because they're a reputable bakery knowing that a good cake comes from the ingredients first, not the toppings.

You vastly underrate the quality of 3D Land's design. But I guess that doesn't matter as much as how much spit was used to polish a bunch of pixels.

But nowhere near the excellence of Galaxy's games. Biggest Nintendo disappointment ever, this Mario 3D world.

You're just going to have to accept the fact that not everyone sees things the same way you do, then. I think you're problem is that you got your hopes up for a new Wii U game in the vein of Galaxy, despite 3D Land being the more recent effort. And selling faster.

3D Land has been given for free with the console.

The Wii U version will end up selling less, like NSMBU did. Because it itsn't a killer app and nobody will buy the console for that joke of a game.

What you are saying would be close to reality if it was a single player game.

Which it isn't.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Which it isn't.

NSMBU isn't as well.

I don't understand the love for 3D land. That was a shitty excuse for a 3D mario game. It was so linear, bland, and easy. There seemed to be really no ideas going for it, and it was based on the 3D gimmick. To make a sequel to that game which was designed for a short sessions on a handheld that could display 3D, and was also terrible is really really disappointing.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
AshKetchum1992 said:

Well I said the reviews because I thought you wouldn't believe me if I said that without any support apart from myself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEMvIOxSNHU

Copy-pasted from the first Super Mario Galaxy. World S in SMG2 also has a galaxy that is a compilation of SMG bosses which all look and play identically in both games.

Only one or two similar galaxies don't make the game a complete copy-paste of the first Mario Galaxy

Lucas-Rio said:
F0X said:
Lucas-Rio said:
F0X said:
Lucas-Rio said:
F0X said:

3D Land has been given for free with the console.

The Wii U version will end up selling less, like NSMBU did. Because it itsn't a killer app and nobody will buy the console for that joke of a game.

All the more reason to assume that it sells systems. As for NSMBU, it has the unfortunate problem of being the only major first-party game on the platform (sorry, Nintendo Land), and consumers usually prefer to buy consoles with more than one major title. I know I do.

WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

Lucas-Rio said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Which it isn't.

NSMBU isn't as well.

Now look at NSMBU's tie ratio to the system's sales.

The game is highly successful. Assuming you're implying otherwise.

Mensrea said:
I don't understand the love for 3D land. That was a shitty excuse for a 3D mario game. It was so linear, bland, and easy. There seemed to be really no ideas going for it, and it was based on the 3D gimmick. To make a sequel to that game which was designed for a short sessions on a handheld that could display 3D, and was also terrible is really really disappointing.

Did we play the same game, or shall I post YouTube videos of my favorite 3D Land levels?

Lucas-Rio said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Which it isn't.

NSMBU isn't as well.

NSMBU will continue to sell well for the next 4-5 years and I would be shocked if it didnt pass 10m. U have to take into consideration that every other NSMB game came out 1.5-3 years after launch and had other supporting titles and all those consoles were $200 or less at the time of release. Compare that to Wii U which is $350,is only 6 months old and only has a few exclusives to go with it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.