By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'M DONE with PS4 and XONE games!

Suke said:
Though Nintendo didn't do their best at this E3, overall, the whole event was disappointing. There was some neat different looking games, Killer Inestine was cool ....til I realize it was a really cut up F2P game digital only....no thank you. I understand why Nintendo did what they did but it would have been nice to see more games like "X", I wonder when the "The Last Story" devs will unveil their project, all we got was a screenshot of a image. KH3 and FF15 was a fresh of air along with Knack. TitanFall and Destiny look great but.....ugh... this year was really boring the day after.

I'm personally more interest in Nintendo and Sony secret exclusives, I heard Nintendo and Sony have more projects in the work that wasn't shown at E3.

off-topic but Killer Instinct has a full version besides the F2P version.

Around the Network

I can't believe so many people fell for this joke thread lol. I mean there is NO possible way someone can be serious with this kind of statement. All the same game son Xbox and PS. And Nintendo with Variety yet we have..games like Mario Party, Mario kart, New Super Mario Bros(like 3 of them), Mario World 3D, Mario Tennis Smash Bros...all revolving around Mario....and then sticking with Zelda, Metroid, Donkey Kong, and all 50 different versions of Pokemon.....yet PS and MS are afraid to branch out and try new things.......yeah this has to be a joke thread....can't be serious.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

superchunk said:
Attoyou said:
superchunk said:
Yep. As I watched the various shows all I saw was essentially the same game with a different character model and weapon.

So glad Nintendo is so different.

Yes, Instead of guns guns guns you get mario mario mario. 

with multiple years in between.... not every other month.

What? If you're a nintendo gamer then you enjoyed Mario 3D Land, New super Mario 2 and New Super Mario U in less than a year apart each. Thats not even getting into the Mario Karts and the Mario Sports games or Paper mario or Mario and Luigi. Or Luigi U coming soon.  

Talk about diveresty.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Zekkyou said:
Couldn't we just as easily say Nintendo are scared to try anything new? Almost all the games coming from them are tried and tested formula. Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D World will just be improved versions of something we have seen several times. Wind Waker is full on remake.

I'm not saying these games will be bad, i'm sure they will be brilliant. The fact still remains that half the games on that list you showed are much more original that what Nintendo are producing.

This is my problem with Nintendo, same old same old, all the time, everytime. Hardcore banking on dat nostalgia. I can almost predict the games when a new console launches from them. Yet amazingly, ninty fans keep complaining about stuff like COD getting new iterations when pretty much every single game they play is the umpteenth iteration.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

You obviously need to do some more research.

Around the Network

Thank God Nintendo is giving us brand new IPs this time around.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Attoyou said:
superchunk said:

What? If you're a nintendo gamer then you enjoyed Mario 3D Land, New super Mario 2 and New Super Mario U in less than a year apart each. Thats not even getting into the Mario Karts and the Mario Sports games or Paper mario or Mario and Luigi. Or Luigi U coming soon.  

Talk about diveresty.

Nintendo rehashes the Mario character, not necessarily the genres he appears in.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Delsin in Infamous: Second Son has a gun. This is news to me. Enemies with guns doesn't equal the game being all guns guns guns.

Attoyou said:
superchunk said:
Attoyou said:
superchunk said:
Yep. As I watched the various shows all I saw was essentially the same game with a different character model and weapon.

So glad Nintendo is so different.

Yes, Instead of guns guns guns you get mario mario mario. 

Talk about diveresty.

Different consoles. You're only argument is NSMBU and SM3DWorld. But that is also 2D vs 3D and offer dramatically different experiences due to that.

All I'm saying is there is WAY too many games across all publishers/consoles that are simple the formula of some character that uses some weapon to kill someone in a First or Third person point of view with realistic graphics. Its getting monotonous and boring.

Nintendo is clearly different and while they do recycle their IPs, its always with multiple years in between and almost always not on same console more than once.

I have the same reasoning why I'd never buy a yearly iteration. I think its dumb. oh no same game with different labels and one minor new feature!!! F-that.

Also you're focused on one IP out of a great variety Nintendo creates. MSony have different IPs that are all the same basic game. That's the difference.

pokoko said:
hivycox said:

True I should have pointed out that with "weapon" I just mean guns! Otherwise I would have included Ryse in my list!

And about Metroid and the other ones: Thats what I'm talking about: Variety!!! Nintendo provides variety in their games! I don't get that level of variety on a Playstation or a XBOX

No variety with Playstation?  Serious?

Puppeteer?  Rain?  Tearaway?  Little Big Planet?  Sly Cooper?  Ratchet & Clank?  Tokyo Jungle?  No variety?  Really?  

Puppeteer?  Rain?  Tearaway?  Little Big Planet?  Sly Cooper?  Ratchet & Clank?  Tokyo Jungle?  No variety?  Really?   = unessential

Think big games.

Ex Graphics Whore.