By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'M DONE with PS4 and XONE games!

Carl2291 said:

Is this serious?

You dont get variety with a PlayStation or an Xbox?

There are games of all genres, with countless artstyles on PS and Xbox. What exactly are you after?

I feel like he is trolling people. No one serious uses that many exclamation points.

Around the Network

Couldn't we just as easily say Nintendo are scared to try anything new? Almost all the games coming from them are tried and tested formula. Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Super Mario 3D World will just be improved versions of something we have seen several times. Wind Waker is full on remake.

I'm not saying these games will be bad, i'm sure they will be brilliant. The fact still remains that half the games on that list you showed are much more original that what Nintendo are producing.

Why do people feel the need to throw a hissy fit because there are types of games being made that don't appeal to them personally? Holy fur-bound Cats. Just simply don't play them. Problem bloody solved.

With "Team Nintendomination" in your sig, I'm sure you cared before E3. Those games all look the same because they have a realistic look. Reality has only one look...sorry. I'm sure pretty much all movies look the same to you then?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Hey OP, care to give us a list of games you own. Give us a taste.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network
hivycox said:
Train wreck said:
Carl2291 said:

Hmm doesnt Link use a weapon? samus? the whole fire emblem cast? X uses giant mechs and thats ok but Titanfall..pffff GUNS GUNS GUNS

True I should have pointed out that with "weapon" I just mean guns! Otherwise I would have included Ryse in my list!

And about Metroid and the other ones: Thats what I'm talking about: Variety!!! Nintendo provides variety in their games! I don't get that level of variety on a Playstation or a XBOX

I respectfully disagree, hivycox.

In the case of Playstation in particular, I can play:

Infamous (open world adventure/action)

Uncharted (TPS/adventure)

Killzone (FPS)

God of War (action/hack n slash)

Gran Turismo (sim racer)

LBP (2D platformer)

Ratchet & Clank (action/platformer/shooter)

Demon's Souls (adventure/RPG) 

3D Dot Game Heroes (adventure like the old Zelda)

And others.

Now, you may not like those games, but to say you can't get a big variety on Playstation is completely false.

hivycox said:
Poeple stop using Nintendo games as an argument against me! You can't say " ehh look at Nintendo! Are THEY different????"
You only confirm that I'm right about this issue.
Maybe its true that Mario looks the same every installment but thats just ONE franchise! I'M talking about several different ones showed at E3 which looked the same!

If you don't want people making such statements, don't make absurd statements of your own. Guns don't make a game unoriginal. That's like saying having a health bar makes a game unoriginal, since it's such a common element.

Somehow I too feel this next gen gfx is kind of bland (including racing, fighting, etc.). I don't want to hear about indie gimmick gfx.

I just have the same impression as the forum creator.

Ex Graphics Whore.

Leadified said:
With due respect to MGS V. I don't care about the graphics and guns but the characters, being sneaky and the crazy story Kojima pulls out.

KILLER SIG BRA

hivycox said:

True I should have pointed out that with "weapon" I just mean guns! Otherwise I would have included Ryse in my list!

And about Metroid and the other ones: Thats what I'm talking about: Variety!!! Nintendo provides variety in their games! I don't get that level of variety on a Playstation or a XBOX

No variety with Playstation?  Serious?

Puppeteer?  Rain?  Tearaway?  Little Big Planet?  Sly Cooper?  Ratchet & Clank?  Tokyo Jungle?  No variety?  Really?